[SOLVED] Unexpected issue!, CPU full when programs are "Maximized" but OK when programs "Minimized"

Feb 28, 2020
Only when I thought I was done building a good PC, I encountered this isse. CPU shows full when all running softwares are "maximized' i.e running full screen, but CPU turn fine when all sofwares are "Minimized" i.e. only bare desktop is visible. Maximize/Minize are the top right hand buttons of any software. I doubled RAM 16 to 32 but no use. Would appreciate any help! Thanks

Problem Image

View: https://imgur.com/YebjWR3

Intel i5 9600K
Asus B365M
Corsair RAM 32GB
Corsair PSU 80% Gold 650W

Solution
YebjWR3.png

look at the difference in GPU usage when its maximised compared to minimized. 70% compared to 5%, it is sure chewing on your GPU. So while its reduced its not running all the charts i assume it shows when running in focus. And that means CPU doesn't have to think as hard.
I think rgd1101 has pretty much nailed it - when the program(s) are minimized they are still doing whatever background processing they are doing, but they are skipping the processing for whatever visual aspects they have.

If the performance isn't adequate when the program(s) are maximized, you probably need a stronger processor; if the performance is adequate, you are good to go.

Feb 28, 2020
Thanks rgd1101 & DeauteratedDog for reply. Even small windows make no difference and CPU is near to full but minimizing all windows always do the trick. Programs keep doing their job perfectly even when minimized

As DeauteratedDog mentioned it could be just some "visual aspects" which are hard to notice or figure out exactly what it might be.

Colif

Win 11 Master
YebjWR3.png

look at the difference in GPU usage when its maximised compared to minimized. 70% compared to 5%, it is sure chewing on your GPU. So while its reduced its not running all the charts i assume it shows when running in focus. And that means CPU doesn't have to think as hard.

Solution