• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Unexpected Problem Loading Windows 10 using same Account Settings

dpeel

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
My mother's computer got hit by a power surge and I had to rebuild it and reinstall Windows 10. When doing the installation my mother who is 91 couldn't remember her login credentials so I just used mine. I and my wife are left handed and so I have the mouse buttons reversed on our computer where as my mother is right handed so buttons are in the normal configuration.

What seems to be happening is that if I have my mouse buttons reversed, it changes her to this and if she changes the mouse buttons back, it changes mine.

What is causing this and is there anything I can do short of reinstalling Windows 10 using some other login credentials on her computer?

Colif

Win 10 Master
you are using the same account... go to settings/accounts/sync your settings and turn it off on one of the pc, probably hers would be best as you are the one using the reverse setup.

Win 10 saves a roaming profile to the cloud so if you log onto another PC all your settings follow you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mandark

dpeel

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
you are using the same account... go to settings/accounts/sync your settings and turn it off on one of the pc, probably hers would be best as you are the one using the reverse setup.

Win 10 saves a roaming profile to the cloud so if you log onto another PC all your settings follow you.
Thanks....I thought there might be a way to fix this problem short of reinstalling Windows.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS