[SOLVED] Unexpected Problem Loading Windows 10 using same Account Settings

dpeel

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
My mother's computer got hit by a power surge and I had to rebuild it and reinstall Windows 10. When doing the installation my mother who is 91 couldn't remember her login credentials so I just used mine. I and my wife are left handed and so I have the mouse buttons reversed on our computer where as my mother is right handed so buttons are in the normal configuration.

What seems to be happening is that if I have my mouse buttons reversed, it changes her to this and if she changes the mouse buttons back, it changes mine.

What is causing this and is there anything I can do short of reinstalling Windows 10 using some other login credentials on her computer?

Solution
you are using the same account... go to settings/accounts/sync your settings and turn it off on one of the pc, probably hers would be best as you are the one using the reverse setup.

Win 10 saves a roaming profile to the cloud so if you log onto another PC all your settings follow you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
you are using the same account... go to settings/accounts/sync your settings and turn it off on one of the pc, probably hers would be best as you are the one using the reverse setup.

Win 10 saves a roaming profile to the cloud so if you log onto another PC all your settings follow you.

Last edited:
Solution

dpeel

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007

Thanks....I thought there might be a way to fix this problem short of reinstalling Windows.