Question Unexpected restarts on my notebook

Apr 16, 2020
I am using Lenovo Ideapad 700 15-isk for 2 years and a half now. My computer started having unexpected shutdowns about like a month ago while gaming. First I tought I had a software issue and reinstalled my OS etc. graphics driver checks every fix I was ever able to found in the internet.

I had nothing left to do and brought my notebook to a service near my house.They said that my GPU "might have" gone bad so they'll replace it somehow which will cost me a lot from what they said. And it may or may not fix my issue. I am an university student so there's no way I can pay that so I just disabled my GPU from BIOS and kept using my laptop. Since last week my notebook started rebooted again I done a stress test with AIDA64 Extreme and decided to replace the thermal paste since it was throttling about 5%. Recently I am having my notebook restarting again while only using GeForce Now which only uses system like a browser does. My GPU is already OFF which should not cause a reboot.

Is this a power issue?

Note: Service said that my adapter voltage is also normal

I tried to add another AIDA64 Extreme test result here but I had %7 throttling and my notebook shut down instantly while doing so. Edit: Intel Extreme Tuning Utility both CPU and Memory tests are passed.

Edit: I think this started a month after I added an m.2 ssd to the system can it also be the cause?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS