[SOLVED] Unexpected Shutdown / BIOS Settings Revert

Drerunsit

Honorable
Jun 7, 2017
Hello, everyone. My build, for reference: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/F44mTn

Yesterday, on my lunch break, I replaced my RX 580 with an Intel Arc A750. I ensured ReBar was enabled and also recently changed my XMP settings to DDR4 2667 in the BIOS (noticed it was on Auto and running at a lower speed). I turned off the PC and went back to work, returning home about 6 hours later. I was logged into Windows with a couple of Brave browser tabs open and stepped away for about 15 minutes. When I came back, the computer was off. I turned it back on and when I loaded into Windows, I got a message from the Arc Control software saying that ReBar was disabled.

I reboot the PC, loaded into the BIOS, and noticed that both the ReBar and XMP settings were back to default (I didn't think to check other settings in the BIOS at that time, but I believe it's safe to assume that they all reset). Any idea what might have caused this? Being limited in expertise on some of these things, my immediate thought was the CMOS battery. However, would that also cause the unexpected shutdown?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello, everyone. My build, for reference: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/F44mTn

Yesterday, on my lunch break, I replaced my RX 580 with an Intel Arc A750. I ensured ReBar was enabled and also recently changed my XMP settings to DDR4 2667 in the BIOS (noticed it was on Auto and running at a lower speed). I turned off the PC and went back to work, returning home about 6 hours later. I was logged into Windows with a couple of Brave browser tabs open and stepped away for about 15 minutes. When I came back, the computer was off. I turned it back on and when I loaded into Windows, I got a message from the Arc Control software saying that ReBar was disabled.

I reboot the PC, loaded into the BIOS, and noticed that both the ReBar and XMP settings were back to default (I didn't think to check other settings in the BIOS at that time, but I believe it's safe to assume that they all reset). Any idea what might have caused this? Being limited in expertise on some of these things, my immediate thought was the CMOS battery. However, would that also cause the unexpected shutdown?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Something caused the PC to crash from the sounds of it, was power related and the CMOS battery didn't do it's job meaning it's probably dead your right on that... However the factor the power fully reset like that usually indacts something leaning more towards psu issue. Or a short on the new component causing a power reset

Reactions: Drerunsit