Unexpected Shutdown - Event ID 6008

thepregnantgod

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Can someone direct me to a good site/forum that would help me translate my Event ID logged for unexpected system shutdowns? I've been having them intermittently. I do not believe it is hardware related (i.e. overclocking) as I've stablized this machine quite extensively. Nor do I suspect a virus/trojan as I have updated NIS 2011, updated hourly, aggressive scans, etc. and really just don't surf to anything more dangerous than this site or CNN.

I suspect it's a driver problem but can't decipher the hexcode attached with the error.

Any help would be much appreciated.

tpg

Combat Wombat

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011

thepregnantgod

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
CombatWombat...

1. I have run memtests/stress tests until for 48hrs straight - all iterations of Prime95 and OCCT - all good.
2. Failing sector on an HDD would cause the system to shut down? I guess I can set the disks to completely scan for bad sectors in the down time.
3. I have checked the Event Manager that is where I found the code that I would like to decipher.

thepregnantgod

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Yes, in fact, it does. I have my screens to go off after 15 mins but last night changed that to never turn off so I could see whatever error might cause the shutdown.

And nothing happened.

I'm using two GTX 570s - SLI - over three monitors.

What would make that happen?