[SOLVED] unexpected store exception, plus the laptop is stuck.

Cro55ed

Honorable
Jul 30, 2016
My laptop is stuck because of this error after I accidentally powered it off myself. At this point, I'm worried that I won't be able to fix it and my files will be gone. What do I do?

(Its just stuck on the DELL logo without the loading icon, and the fans are going crazy!)

Solution
Even if the laptop can't be fixed the files are fine unless your drive is damaged. And you just learned why you should do backups so when you do get the system going or your files out of the drive you will have a backup drive or be saving things to cloud storage.

Loud fans are not a good sign, that is often a motherboard issue. Remove both the main battery and the CMOS battery from the motherboard, hold in the power button for 30 seconds. Plug in wall power only and see if it turns on. If not, remove the RAM and try to turn it on, if you don't get any error beeps or lights chances are good the motherboard is dead. Take your drive out and using a USB enclosure you can copy the files and other things like web links to another system.
Even if the laptop can't be fixed the files are fine unless your drive is damaged. And you just learned why you should do backups so when you do get the system going or your files out of the drive you will have a backup drive or be saving things to cloud storage.

Loud fans are not a good sign, that is often a motherboard issue. Remove both the main battery and the CMOS battery from the motherboard, hold in the power button for 30 seconds. Plug in wall power only and see if it turns on. If not, remove the RAM and try to turn it on, if you don't get any error beeps or lights chances are good the motherboard is dead. Take your drive out and using a USB enclosure you can copy the files and other things like web links to another system.

Solution