Question Unexplainable frame drops while gaming

victorbarroshof

Prominent
Nov 9, 2018
I've been experiencing some very strange frame drops while playing games. I have a pretty decent gaming laptop that can usually run games without any issue. However, lately, I've been having trouble even with games that run very smoothly generally, like Overwatch ( usually around 100+fps but I've been getting lasting drops to the low 20s, stable 45fps in matches). The issue is often accompanied by stuttering of the audio and reduced responsiveness in general. I've already tried general fixes like Nvidia, Windows and Game Settings optimizations but got nowhere. I'd love to get some insight into this to get it fixed asap. Thanks in advance!

specs for extra detail:
OS..........................Windows 10
GPU......................Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050Ti
CPU......................Intel Core i7 7th gen (8 logical processors)
RAM.....................8GB

Last edited:

victorbarroshof

Prominent
Nov 9, 2018
Update: I was doing some testing today to try and figure it out and something caught my attention: only about 30% of my GPU is being used while gaming. Issue still persists.

victorbarroshof

Prominent
Nov 9, 2018
Hi everyone,
I’m getting very annoying, long-lasting FPS drops in my games, coupled with very low GPU usage, with some perfectly normal gameplay with expected GPU usage ocasionally. I don’t know what’s going on and have tried everything I could think of for the past three days to fix it. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS