[SOLVED] Unexplainable GTA V lag on newly built decent PC

May 22, 2020
Hello, I just built my very first PC last month with brand new decent parts. I downloaded GTA V on epic games last week when they released it for free.
Whenever I start playing any games, I first go to NVIDIA GeForce Experience and optimize the game before starting and playing it.
My first couple of times playing GTA V was perfectly fine until 3 days ago it started lagging. All the games I play on my PC (Call of Duty, Apex Legends) are doing okay except for GTA V.
Most of my in-game setting quality is put on max since it's recommended but it lags my gameplay. My Video Memory under Graphics settings is 3,833 MB / 16,306 MB

This is what I have on my PC:

GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
Intel Core i5-9600K CPU @ 370GHz
32 GB RAM
1920 x 1080, 144 Hz

If any of you guys can help me how I could figure it out, I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Solution
I would not use the NVIDIA Optimization, it tends to be pretty off sometimes. I would check your usage levels and temps (using something like HW Monitor). See if anything stands out there.
GTA V has an engine bug that causes it to lag severely on Core i5 CPUs if you hit a certain framerate, I think it's somewhere around 163FPS or it might be around 180FPS I don't exactly remember off hand. If you don't have Vsync enabled, try capping your framerate to 144FPS and see if that helps.

Reactions: Phaaze88
May 22, 2020
GTA V has an engine bug that causes it to lag severely on Core i5 CPUs if you hit a certain framerate, I think it's somewhere around 163FPS or it might be around 180FPS I don't exactly remember off hand. If you don't have Vsync enabled, try capping your framerate to 144FPS and see if that helps.

the max framerate you can only use for gta v is 144fps . and i already enabled the vsync but thank you for your suggestion brother.