Jul 26, 2021
Hello everybody, thanks for checking this thread. I've ran into quite an interesting crash as of lately. I've reinstalled Windows 10 on an SSD, made sure all cables are in order, solved most of the issues the computer in question had, but I can't scratch my head for the love of god on this one last problem.

It BSOD's randomly, doesn't write minidumps once it crashes.
fix-error-0xc000000e-1.jpg

Here's the catch though. Every time I looked up the error code/message online, I've seen people complaining that their PC boots up with that error message. Mine crashes and immediately pops up with that error. Restarting the PC makes it work until it randomly crashes again. I've reseated pieces, went about replacing some of them, ran cmd prompt commands (chkdsk, sfc scannow) and even used the windows troubleshooter. Nothing worked.

PC crashes even when in IDLE.
Operating System: W10Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i5 650 @ 3.20GHz ( runs around 60C, doesn't overheat)
RAM: 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard: Lenovo
Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GT 630 ( 65C, doesn't overheat )
Storage: 111GB Patriot Burst, 465 Western Digital WDC WD50000AAKS-75A7B2

I am dumbfounded on what the problem could be. I have a Windows 7 partition installed as well, it never crashes.

Solution
Njoy Woden 650w ,
mixed signals about PSU, some seem to say its okay and others say no. Much of problem is its relatively unknown.

Unexpected store exception is a problem with virtual memory. Could be page file or ram.

these might work in both 10 & 7. Not sure
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

now in 10 after a bsod

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your...

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Is that 111 GB Patriot Burst SSD the boot drive? How full is the drive?

For the most part 120 GB is too small for Windows 10. If you also have Windows 7 installed on the drive then the drive has likely gotten too full to properly function.

Look in Windows 10's Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing some error codes that correspond with the crash times.

Jul 26, 2021
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Is that 111 GB Patriot Burst SSD the boot drive? How full is the drive?

For the most part 120 GB is too small for Windows 10. If you also have Windows 7 installed on the drive then the drive has likely gotten too full to properly function.

Look in Windows 10's Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing some error codes that correspond with the crash times.
Should've mentioned that both Windows's are installed on different drives. (one on an SSD, another on a HDD and should not interact much with eachother)
My PSU is an Njoy Woden 650w , pretty new, no wear. The patriot drive is indeed the boot drive and has enough space to make the OS at home.

I have already done this :(
Keep in mind my OS boots fine, allows me to choose between both systems.
Checked that site a while ago.

--

On another note, today I encountered two new crashes. Critical_Process_Died and Unexpected_Store_Exception. None of these happen while using Windows 7 which is on the HDD that is already reaching the end of it's days. The SSD has been run through S.M.A.R.T and other apps and it returned that it's healthy.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Njoy Woden 650w ,
mixed signals about PSU, some seem to say its okay and others say no. Much of problem is its relatively unknown.

Unexpected store exception is a problem with virtual memory. Could be page file or ram.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

now in 10 after a bsod

5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

similar steps for 7 but you can't use a built in zip from memory, so may need to use a 3rd party one.

critical process died less clear but given pattern we could guess its boot files.

How old is ssd? how full is it? 120gb as Ralston said getting a little small for windows these days, even if my win 10 folder is only 20gb

Solution
Jul 26, 2021

now in 10 after a bsod

5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

similar steps for 7 but you can't use a built in zip from memory, so may need to use a 3rd party one.

critical process died less clear but given pattern we could guess its boot files.

How old is ssd? how full is it? 120gb as Ralston said getting a little small for windows these days, even if my win 10 folder is only 20gb

Memory Dumps do not get saved after BSOD, I have had them enabled a long time ago and they never get written :(
The SSD is a bit old, not going to lie, but so far none of the windows provided apps and third party apps I've downloaded had said that my SSD had gone bad. Quite ironically they said that the HDD is the one about to die. ( I took out the HDD, BSOD's still happen. )

I don't see how the error could be releated to the boot files if the BSOD happens a long while after booting.
Also, just now it crashed again: "unexpected store exception"

Colif

Win 11 Master
NO dumps makes it difficult to figure out a cause. You could run this and see what it finds, it will create a zip file so can you upload it to a file sharing website and show link here - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/pages/bsodcollectionapp/

"unexpected store exception"

At first (A few years ago) when i saw this error I thought it meant storage... in a way, I was right. But not how I thought.

The store is used by virtual memory to track the location of files. Windows tricks programs into thinking its got way more memory than it really does but the actual locations of the files are either in ram or page files.

If both operate on 2 different drives, where is the location of the page file for hdd? if its on hdd then it could be the reports are right about it. If its on the ssd, its not a good sign.

Problem with ssd is they don't really show any signs before they die. They can just stop.

Its possible you need to replace both drives. I would get a 1tb ssd and install both on it. You need to do 7 before 10 due to 7's installer having no clue what win 10 is and over writing the bootloader info.

TRENDING THREADS