Question Unfocused portions of the screen randomly and infrequently darken ?

Dz6900

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
As of the last few months random portions of my screen will darken occasionally. It seems to be based on what is focused on my screen at the time. For example, if I dedicate half my monitor to a chrome tab & leave the other half empty, the empty half may darken assuming I still have the chrome tab in focus. It's seemingly random and goes away the moment I move my mouse or make an input of any kind. The darkening also effects the taskbar. doesn't happen often and doesn't really bother me but I'd like to solve it none the less.

Windows 10, version 21H1, OS build 19043.1348. RTX 2060.

Lutfij

Titan
See if your OS is pending any update. Ideally you should be on version21H2 for your OS. As for your issue, once you've verified that you don't have any updates pending, source the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site and then you can use DDU to uninstall your drivers. When in Safe Mode, reinstall the GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Also, mind sharing the rest of your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Include the age of the PSU and the BIOS version for your motherboard.

Dz6900

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
See if your OS is pending any update. Ideally you should be on version21H2 for your OS. As for your issue, once you've verified that you don't have any updates pending, source the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site and then you can use DDU to uninstall your drivers. When in Safe Mode, reinstall the GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Also, mind sharing the rest of your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Include the age of the PSU and the BIOS version for your motherboard.
Updated to the latest version of windows and Nvidia drivers. Wont know if it fixes the issue till it doesn't happen for a few days though.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Motherboard: ASRock B550M Pro4 Bios version p1.10.
Ram: 16G ddr4 3200MHz
SSD: Western digital 1TB WD blue SN550 NVMe internal SSD.
Monitor: 165Hz 1080p Asus monitor.
I have no problem playing intense games like ray traced Minecraft or other titles that crank the power draw on my GPU/CPU. So I don't really think its a PSU issue. Also when you ask for chassis you're asking for the case right? Wouldn't think that would effect anything.