[SOLVED] Unfortunate Victim of Reset stuck at 41% What to do

kshimoav2

Prominent
Feb 24, 2019
So i got an ASUS Vivobook S15 X510UF
And i had to do a bit if cleaning so i did use the Full Reset function that Windows 10 has to offer
I am currently at my 41% of reset and it has'nt move since then
this is my 4 hours already
Any useful note or info on what to do if this happen to fail after waiting for another 3 hours?

Solution
If the temperature for any given component is within the specified operating range then that would be, to me, "normal".

Look at the overall system behavior and temperature changes. I would be more concerned about re-occurring and rapid temperature changes. Up and down, up and down, etc. versus increasing to some steady state value.

As for speccy:

Google "are speccy temperatures accurate" or similar words and phrasing. Limit the search to the last year or so.

Based on what I found and read it appears that any given answer could lead to interesting discussions....

kshimoav2

Prominent
Feb 24, 2019
What do you mean by a "bit of cleaning"? Did you physically open the Vivobook or were you just deleting files?

Did you use any third party, non-Windows, software?

What led to using a full Reset?

Will the Vivobook boot into Safe Mode?

No i just used the full reset function because i cant format it.
i dont have a windows installation media that time.
I already solved the problem
i just have to wait for another 4 hours tho
a total of 8 hours resetting a laptop
what a joke.
specs is
i3 8th
4GB
1tb
Mx130 2GB

got my laappy formatted from 10 Home to 10 Pro 1909 and im rocking it already.
Can i ask you a different question?

what can you consider a normal temp under load on that specs?

I am currently sitting at 60
and 55 for MX130
(after playing esports)
i dont even know if speccy is accurate

Ralston18

Titan
If the temperature for any given component is within the specified operating range then that would be, to me, "normal".

Look at the overall system behavior and temperature changes. I would be more concerned about re-occurring and rapid temperature changes. Up and down, up and down, etc. versus increasing to some steady state value.

As for speccy:

Google "are speccy temperatures accurate" or similar words and phrasing. Limit the search to the last year or so.

Based on what I found and read it appears that any given answer could lead to interesting discussions....

Solution