unidentified cpu bottlenecking

avdicd44

Prominent
Oct 3, 2018
I know its an old rig but this shouldnt be a problem. I had gt 220 paired with my q9300 (2.5ghz), 6gb ram. So i knew there was i bottleneck and i bought hd 5750 4 days ago. And problems started showing. I cant play literally anything its impossible. CPU is 95-100% all the time when the gpu is about 50-60%. I disabled all startup programs so there is nothing in the background. I saw people pairing gtx 750, gt 1030 (which are much more powerful gpus) and there is not as much bottleneck as i have. Please help, i wanna punch this PC really hard. PS: Sorry for bed england not my first language :D

Solution
Try turning your graphics settings up (Or set a framerate limit in-game). It may be counterintuitive, but your newer GPU may be pushing too many frames to your CPU. Attempt to load down your GPU, which in turn might help your CPU, as the rendering of the frames begins to be the bottleneck, not the speed at which they are processed.If that isn't it, your AMD drivers may not be cooperating. Try reinstalling AMD Catalyst control (or whatever the AMD software is nowadays)

Afterdark3

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
Try turning your graphics settings up (Or set a framerate limit in-game). It may be counterintuitive, but your newer GPU may be pushing too many frames to your CPU. Attempt to load down your GPU, which in turn might help your CPU, as the rendering of the frames begins to be the bottleneck, not the speed at which they are processed.If that isn't it, your AMD drivers may not be cooperating. Try reinstalling AMD Catalyst control (or whatever the AMD software is nowadays)

Solution