Unidentified Lan Netwok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vichy97

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Ok so I am connecting two computers via lan to each other and it always says unidentified network regardless of whether I use a switch or a crossover cable. I am trying to transfer files between them. The thing is it lets me play lan games between them and one of the computers can see the other computer under the network tab but not vise versa. Since I can play lan I know they ar connected properly but when i try to open a computer (by either double clicking or entering \\computername under run) it says it cant find that computer. I have tried everything and Im going insane. Please help! Also just a note I have updated drivers on each computer and have enabled file sharing a set a static ip for each one. Also one of the computer says work network and the other says public so that might be a problem but I cant figure out how to change it.

Vichy97

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013

Ya as i said in the description I dont know how to change it to home network. Also I hate homegroup I want to just copy files. I was able to do it before on other computers so i know its possible

Status
Not open for further replies.