[SOLVED] "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" Over Ethernet

Nick_1015

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
Hey all. Recently I've noticed the lovely yellow triangle has been bestowed upon my internet connection on my desktop at my apt. I've tried the usual. Unplug the ethernet cable and plug it back in, swap cables, etc. The apparatus in my room is a 4 port dock which, with which I've reset countless times and tried each port on. I've run all the cmd prompts usually associated with my problem to no avail. I just reset my machine with a new install of windows and that didn't even work. I'm at my wits end with this crap and I'm looking for some help. I'll copy and paste my ipconfig /all notes and such below. Thanks if you can help!

Capture.png

Solution
Go to the ipv4 setting under the nic configuration. It may not make any difference because a router should just assign you a IP.

If the device you are calling a " 4 port dock" is not a router I don't know what your apartment is using. Some apartments that include internet use their own systems.

If you have access to the router maybe a factory reset will correct it. You will have to reconfigure all the wifi and router passwords but they generally have DHCP enable in a default factory configuration.
Go to the ipv4 setting under the nic configuration. It may not make any difference because a router should just assign you a IP.

If the device you are calling a " 4 port dock" is not a router I don't know what your apartment is using. Some apartments that include internet use their own systems.

If you have access to the router maybe a factory reset will correct it. You will have to reconfigure all the wifi and router passwords but they generally have DHCP enable in a default factory configuration.

Solution

Nick_1015

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017

Mgmt told me to just call up their provider, Single Digits. I did and found that my Steam Link worked fine when plugged into the same dock, the call center guy concluding the problem isn't with them, but with me. Mgmt DID tell me to follow up with them so I may bring up a reset request with them. I don't think that they will reset the entire building's internet just for me since they cop an attitude when you ask them for literally anything. But it's worth a shot I guess. Thanks for all the help so far!