Unidentified network, no network access

NeonSurge

Honorable
Jul 1, 2014
Okay, so I recently just moved to my grandmas and she uses a different modem and I brought my desktop over to use. The info for the desktop is here

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 build 7601
Manufacturer: Microsoft
System Model P7-1019
System type x64 - based PC
Processor - Intel(R) Pentium (R) CPU G620 @ 2.60 Hz, 2600 Mhz, 2 cores,
BIOS: AMI 7.13
My ISP is Comcast and there are currently 3 laptops connected to this network and I am currently on my desktop trying to connect.

And after I have gotten my desktop set up I keep getting the unidentified network no network access, I am using cable and I have the ethernet cable into the back of my computer and into the router. if I plug the ethernet cable into my grandmas computer (its an all in one if that matters) it works just fine. Everyone else at the house uses laptops and connects wirelessly and it works just fine for them.

I checked my network adapters and everything looks just fine except for the other devices tab my ethernet and USB adsl bridge modem have a problem. It says that the drivers for this device are not installed and I get code 28. So I went and searched for the modems website and its support and it currently doesn't support it anymore. It is an actiontek ED800TA and it is fairly old. I really need help and anything is appreciated.

My desktop has no internet and im posting this from a laptop that is connecting to the actiontek modem wirelessly. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this stuff but ill try my best to understand.

NeonSurge

Honorable
Jul 1, 2014
Yes. I have it connected to the router and to the back of my computer and it shows that the connection is there. But still unidentified network no network access.

Pooneil

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
I would not worry that the plug on the MB became damaged. The first thing I would do is deactivate the "USB adsl bridge modem" in device manager. If it is not working and you don't use it, then start there. You can also deactivate then reactivate the network adapter and check for an updated driver.

Does the wired connection get an IP from the router? As a long shot, check the router setup to make sure it is not restricting the connection by allowing only certain MAC addresses.

If you can't get the wired connection working and the computer s close to the modem, you can get an inexpensive usb wifi adapter. It should be faster than your internet connection so you won't see any difference for non-gaming uses.