Unidentified PC problem

Boothie

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
So yesterday I was installing an extra 4GB of Ram I got for Xmas, when I first attempted to install it myself it put it in the wrong way round. The computer bleeped so I opened it back up again and refit the ram correctly. I tried to Reebok again and the pc started up but nothing appeared on monitor. After rerouting the monitor cable straight through to the motherboard, bypassing my graphics card, the pc started up fine and everything was working except all the fans on the computer were making a lot of noise.I checked the temperature and everything seemed fine. I retried connecting the monitor cable through my DVI into the graphics card, but I'm encountering the same problem I had initially (nothing on my monitor screen and still very noisy fans). Now i haven't a clue what to do because I don't know what component is creating the problem. It could be the DVI but that doesn't explain the fans. The fan still moves on the graphics card when I was using that but I was getting no gui on screen. I would like to know what is creating problems and what will I have to do to fix it. My graphics card is still under warranty so I can get a free replacement if I have to but I'd rather there was a quicker solution.

Here are my specs

Dell Inspiron 660
Intel i3 2120 Sandy bridge 3.3 Ghz
500W Corsair PSU
EVGA GTX 650 graphics card
2x 4GB ram cArds
500GB hard drive

Any help would be great :)
Cheers

Boothie

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

Yes it turns out everything is ok now, it was an idiot and forgot to plug in the pci cable for my tip, there were so many other loose cables in there I just completely missed it, thanks anyway :)