Unidetified network/limited access

Status
Not open for further replies.

crusade2110

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
So I have my computer connected to my laptop via Ethernet cable this is how I get Internet access to my pc usually it shows my network name and that I am connected to the Internet. just this morning I upgraded my pc from 8.1 to 10 and ever since my network says unidentified and limited access I updated and installed all the drivers for my motherboard including lan I also tried manually putting tcp/ip and it still did not solve my problem so I switched it back to automatic but no luck . I don't know what else to try are there any solutions for this???

Solution
Simply go to network and internet via the control panel of windows.

Click on the network and sharing option.
And set up a new network connection.
After that it will Identify your network again and give you full access to your network and your internet via your modem/router.

Windows 10 has wiped your network config, so you will have to set it up again to Identify the network.
Classed as a home network. because you never set the network up in windows 10 after the upgrade from 8.1.

meeko13

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
You might have encountered a driver issue on you network driver. You might need to reinstall the driver if you have 8.1 driver you may use that or if you have another pc that can download the driver then copy the installer to your pc so you could update the driver. You could also check the device manager but sometimes there is no problem but the driver itself.

Simply go to network and internet via the control panel of windows.

Click on the network and sharing option.
And set up a new network connection.
After that it will Identify your network again and give you full access to your network and your internet via your modem/router.

Windows 10 has wiped your network config, so you will have to set it up again to Identify the network.
Classed as a home network. because you never set the network up in windows 10 after the upgrade from 8.1.

Solution

royalcrown

Distinguished
[Check to see that it did not change your network type from "Home" to "Public" in the network and Sharing center. When it's set to public, you'll get limited access a lot of times because it's so locked down in the default "public" configuration. Set it to "home" to see if it helps. Good Luck.

quotemsg=16416386,0,1568860]So I have my computer connected to my laptop via Ethernet cable this is how I get Internet access to my pc usually it shows my network name and that I am connected to the Internet. just this morning I upgraded my pc from 8.1 to 10 and ever since my network says unidentified and limited access I updated and installed all the drivers for my motherboard including lan I also tried manually putting tcp/ip and it still did not solve my problem so I switched it back to automatic but no luck . I don't know what else to try are there any solutions for this???[/quotemsg]

DemonDan

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2014
you may get some success if you try this:
------------------------------------------------------------

@echo off
echo Dan's Automatic IP Settings Fixer :p
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
pause

-----------------------------------------------------------
Just put the text between the lines in notepad and save it as a *.bat file
All this does does is reset your IP config and ask for a new IP to be assigned to it.

Tell me if it works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.