[SOLVED] Unifi Guest Network WiFi Problem

aolish

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2012
Hello all, I have a Unifi question that I'm hoping someone can answer. I'm having problems connecting several access points to a guest network inside of a building on the second floor (first floor works just fine). The strange thing is the main lan works (wifi) just fine on the second floor while the guest wifi network won't. Any device that tries to connect on the guest network cannot obtain an ip address. This is all happening on the second floor again. However when we go downstairs on the first floor the guest network works while we cannot connect on the second floor.

So to make this easier here is an illustration:
UDM Pro has two 24 port switches hooked up to it.

1. First floor has 3 APs and all are working 100% fine, both main LAN and Guest works fine.
  2. The second floor also has 3 APs however only the main LAN works but the Guest will not work.
If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I am new to the Unifi Product line so please be nice to me and if you can please explain things in laymen's terms would be greatly appreciated. 😀

Solution
Hello all, I have a Unifi question that I'm hoping someone can answer. I'm having problems connecting several access points to a guest network inside of a building on the second floor (first floor works just fine). The strange thing is the main lan works (wifi) just fine on the second floor while the guest wifi network won't. Any device that tries to connect on the guest network cannot obtain an ip address. This is all happening on the second floor again. However when we go downstairs on the first floor the guest network works while we cannot connect on the second floor.

1. First floor has 3 APs and all are working 100% fine, both...

kanewolf

Titan

1. First floor has 3 APs and all are working 100% fine, both main LAN and Guest works fine.
  2. The second floor also has 3 APs however only the main LAN works but the Guest will not work.
If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I am new to the Unifi Product line so please be nice to me and if you can please explain things in laymen's terms would be greatly appreciated. 😀
First think I would check is the VLAN port profiles on the switches. It the switches are daisy chained, then be sure that the interlink ports have all VLANs enabled.
The more extreme thing would be to delete the guest network and VLAN then recreate it. Save the config from the controller before making changes and if you need to you can restore the config.

Solution

aolish

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2012
First think I would check is the VLAN port profiles on the switches. It the switches are daisy chained, then be sure that the interlink ports have all VLANs enabled.
The more extreme thing would be to delete the guest network and VLAN then recreate it. Save the config from the controller before making changes and if you need to you can restore the config.

Hello there, the switches are not daisy chained but both are directly connect to the UDM Pro. Since I am not that adapt in Unifi products, I've taken a picture of the Guest Switch Port Profile on my settings page and put it here for you or anyone else to look at (link below). If any corrections need to be made please let me know. Just keep in mind that this same Guest Network works on the floor below (1st floor) but when you get to the second floor it doesn't. Thank you so much for your help!

https://www.mediafire.com/view/ryr9ovzocr9cp23/guest_wifi.jpg/file

Are the Access points showing as online in the UNIFI app?

Is the 2nd floor much longer runs of cable? Perhaps the POE switches you're using aren't proper voltage/wattage for unifi? If the unifi access points came with a POE injector, you can try that temporarily, closer to the access point.