[SOLVED] Unigine Valley and Heaven issue - Rx5700xt

Aug 16, 2019
Hi guys,

something weird happens when i run Valley. I did undervolt the card to 1900mhz @979mV. When i run in heaven, everything seems fine except one major Fps drop and activity drops to around 60% always at the same scene, almost at the end. Clock speed is kinda stable for the rest, around 1860mhz.

But when i run Valley, Dammnn !!!

i check the graph in wattman once the test is done and the clock move from 800mhz to 1400mhz constantly, the graph is like a damn wood saw. It can't be throttling since the junction temperature is around 70 while the core is at 60 or so. Memory keeps fluctuating also.

any idea ?? im gonna post the graphs later.

Last edited:
Solution
Mmmm, i think that cool n quiet is a CPU feature, not GPU. I just read on other forums that it's in the BIOS....

If i understand correctly, CPU clock drops when not at full load, like, in between different scene in Valley, when the screen turns black for a couple of milliseconds. The CPU clock drop cause the GPU clock to drop and might cause those Peaks and lows constantly on the Wattman graph ?

You're right. That's the CPU term. Sorry I was working off memory.

Try frame rate control. It's definitely under the radeon image quality settings

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/frtc
Image7.jpg
Aug 16, 2019
Heellllppp !

anyone ever had that problem with Rx5700xt ? What's the best software i could use to test my entire system ?
I have X470 MSI gaming plus Mobo with XMP profile 2 at 3600mhz Memory clock and Gaming boost that runs all cores at 4.05mhz.
All games run smoothly with V-sync On, on my 60hz TV (waiting for my 1440p 144hz monitor)

Aug 16, 2019
Mmmm, i think that cool n quiet is a CPU feature, not GPU. I just read on other forums that it's in the BIOS....

If i understand correctly, CPU clock drops when not at full load, like, in between different scene in Valley, when the screen turns black for a couple of milliseconds. The CPU clock drop cause the GPU clock to drop and might cause those Peaks and lows constantly on the Wattman graph ?

You're right. That's the CPU term. Sorry I was working off memory.

Try frame rate control. It's definitely under the radeon image quality settings

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/frtc
Image7.jpg

Solution