Question Uninstall AMD Ryzen display driver for dedicated GPU?

May 6, 2022
Hi all,

I have a Ryzen 3 3200G build (A320M-K motherboard) and have been using the integrated Vega 8 graphics for a while.

Soon I will be upgrading with a GTX 1650, meaning the integrated GPU will be no longer in use.

Before installing the dedicated grapic card, is there any need for uninstalling AMD display drivers first, or anything else that should be done beforehand?

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Using DDU, rid your platform of all GPU drivers. Power down and disconnect from the wall and then drop in the GTX1650. Power up and then manually install the latest driver for said discrete GPU in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you on?

May 6, 2022
Using DDU, rid your platform of all GPU drivers. Power down and disconnect from the wall and then drop in the GTX1650. Power up and then manually install the latest driver for said discrete GPU in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you on?
Thanks! Never knew DDU is a necessary step for this.

Version: 21H2
Build: 19044.1706

May 6, 2022
Will try DDU.

I've read somewhere else that upgrading to a NVIDIA gpu doesn't require AMD drivers to be uninstalled, so I wanted to be sure.

Do I need to reinstall AMD chipset drivers afterwards?