Uninstall GFX Driver (FOR GOOD;SO WINDOWS DONT UPDATE!)

Viegaard

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016
Hello!

I am trying to optimize my computer for music production and I want to try running it without any GFX drivers installed - Since the driver seems to introduce some MS/Lag.

Is it possible to uninstall the driver, and then when Windows 7 restarts make it so that IT DOES NOT reinstall the GFX drivers by itself?

Viegaard

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016

If I disable the GPU in the device manager, can I end up with no graphics at all? And no way of turning it back on?

What is DDU?

Viegaard

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016

I am alternatively trying to do a clean install of the drivers, but.

When I uninstall the drivers and reboot, Windows 7 (grrrrrr) installs some old version of the driver - How am I surpose to do a fresh install, when Windows installs a crappy old driver on boot up, before I can even start to manually install the newest driver

Viegaard

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016

Silly question.

Before I ran 2 screens. I have now disabled the nVidia 780GTX and I am planning on running on 1 screen only (I cant run on two with the onboard GPU), but.

When I open LatencyMon, it does not appear on my screen, when I click on the ICON in the taskbar, it goes up like its sending the window to the 2nd screen, which is not connected in anyway to my computer.

How do I get the computer / Windows 7 to send the LatencyMon window to my current screen?