• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

    Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

    Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Uninstall & re-install Wordpad?

How do I uninstall and re-install WordPad? I looked in "add/remove
programs" and could not find it, also looked in "add/remove Windows
components" and could not find it. Thanks in advance.

Hi Francis,

Go to the Control Panel/Folder Options/View tab, set it to "Show hidden
files and folders" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files
[recommended]". Also uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types".

Then, open Windows Explorer from Start/All Programs and go to the
C:\Windows\Inf folder. Locate the wordpad.inf file, right-click it and
choose install.

You may need to either insert your WinXP CD or know where your I386 folder
is located on the hard drive. You may also need to know where the
\ServicePackFiles folder is (usually under the Windows directory).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Francis Marsden" <fake@fake.fake> wrote in message
> How do I uninstall and re-install WordPad? I looked in "add/remove
> programs" and could not find it, also looked in "add/remove Windows
> components" and could not find it. Thanks in advance.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS