Uninstall ROG software and drivers?

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
So I recently upgraded my CPU/MB from a 6700k and ROG maximus VIII Formula to a 8700k and ROG Maximus X Formula.

After getting everything hooked up and powered on I booted up my computer and everything was fine except Aura would not run on the new board. So I put in the CD and began updating all the drivers and ROG software, which has run perfectly fine up until now.

Anyways at whatever point Aura became completely unresponsive and would not even open, the new LiveDash program would not open, and all my system info is missing from Corsair Link. (shows generic info like "Intel Processor" whereas before it would give me the exact model. I also got LiveDash to open exactly once. No idea how.

At some point after this, AI Suite 3 stopped running as well with an error code (threw unexpected or something) and won't open. I've tried uninstalling from the control panel several times and it will not work. I know for a fact it is the current version.

I got Aura to work by going through the CD files and uninstalling the old version from there and reinstalling it manually, now it works fine. However AI Suite 3 and LiveDash will still not work.

Is there any way for me to remove everything from Asus off my computer and start over WITHOUT wiping my drive and having to do a clean install of the OS. I wouldn't mind except the daunting amount of hours I have put in to making all my games run properly with my mods/.ini editing/etc. to make them run at 21:9. Not to mention Fallout 4 has at least 30 hours trying to make the mods work right and I still only got by on a prayer. Will have no idea how to get everything back.

Not to mention the hours upon hours of downloads I will have to do. I currently have 1TB worth of games on this PC 600GB on the boot drive (c: drive) alone.

I have already tried deleting everything down the list in the control panel, half of the files cannot be found.

So please tell me there is a way to get rid of these Asus drivers/software so I can start over without actually having to start over.

Solution
Thats what happens if you change mobo and cpu. Different hardware, chipset, drivers.

Only way to fix it, wipe the lot...

Otherwise, it'll be crashes , freezes galore later

Steam games will be OK. But byebye everything else. Copy the steam games to another hdd before you do it

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
There's got to be a way for me not to lose all my files though even if I can just salvage my steam folder. At this point i'm debating even doing it... I'd rather get a new motherboard... I'm telling you it will take about a month to get my computer back to the current state.

Thats what happens if you change mobo and cpu. Different hardware, chipset, drivers.

Only way to fix it, wipe the lot...

Otherwise, it'll be crashes , freezes galore later

Steam games will be OK. But byebye everything else. Copy the steam games to another hdd before you do it

Solution

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
Good news, bad news.

The good news is I found out it is not the tech, it is the Fall Creator's update for Windows 10. I downloaded the right stuff and everything (except AI suite) is working perfectly now..

Bad news, I already did a system restore when I found out that the CD versions were crap.

Oh well... I needed to get my computer cleaned up anyways...

Really doubt that a clean install was really necessary though... especially since I had already did a swap once before in this system with no clean install and had no issues for almost 2 years...

Oh well, either way.

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
So I am going to update this for anyone looking for help.

It does appear a system reset MIGHT have been in order. It could have been that I did not update the BIOS in original testing (I am leaning towards this theory.)

In any case. AI Suite 3 does have an update up as of the 5th (BETA version) all I had to do was uninstall and remove the files for the current version of AI Suite 3 and then reinstall the Beta version of AI Suite 3. It DOES work with the current version of Windows (as of 1/11/18). I did royally screw up by booting into safe mode and deleting the Asus file off my computer so it was legitimately impossible to uninstall or update the new programs. However... I would just recommend updating everything via the website rather than the CD version. I am pretty sure THAT is what screwed everything up in the first place. Had I gone directly to the Asus site to update the software the clean install might not have been necessary at all.

Same thing with LiveDash and Aura. Neither worked at all with the CD version. Installed from Asus and they both work perfectly fine.

Moral of the story... just don't use the CD to download the software it is way out of date.

I do think the BIOS update solved this next issue though.

Before updating I was running version 0220 (or something like that) on my Maximus X Formula.
I did some initial testing and found that my gaming temps were over 60C and that running Prime95's current version I was getting temps in excess of 82C. and my stock voltage was over 1.3v

However, after doing the clean install and updating the BIOS I did more testing (never did testing in between so it may be a tossup as to what actually did the trick).

But my voltage is about 1.28v gaming temps are under 50C, and current version of Prime95 topped out at 72C. RealBench (which is recommended by Intel as a more accurate load temp tester) topped out at 67C at stock.

So eventually I did get everything sorted out. But it was a massive pain in the butt to get the software updated, so I did opt for a clean install. I don't think it was absolutely necessary, though.

PLUS side the clean install wasn't THAT big of a deal. I have most of my games reinstalled already, and my essential programs back up and running, and got rid of a bunch of crap I never used. And since Steam updates most games on the cloud I didn't lose any progress with my Steam games.

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
It is a good idea, but I don't think its absolutely necessary. In any case it did fix my issue. I think if I wouldn't have botched the uninstall it would have been fine.

In any case (again), all my issues have been resolved and everything is working smoothly. The only thing left to do is the arduous process of rewriting all my files and downloading software to make everything run at 21:9 again... Not looking forward to doing Fallout 4... I had about 12 different mods running through Nexus mods and another 12 running from the game itself... and a few of those took my hours to get right.... *shudder... think I might avoid that for a while.

I am going to make videos on how to get the other games to run at 21:9 though so another upside.