Uninstall Ubuntu Put Back Windows

TeamBills

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
A tale told by an idiot.

It was 6 o'clock in the mourning I haven't gone to bed all night. I was looking at random programs on the internet. And I installed Ubuntu on my Windows Vista Toshiba Labtop. Computer screen went black nothing was working so I held the power button down. Now computer won't boot.

I have spent 24 hours doing everything you could think of to re-boot my computer. Everything. Nothing would work. Nothing.

I kept thinking "I must of fried my hard drive by holding the power button down to turn it off I know your not supposed to do that". Just recently I had realized that I download Ubuntu. I'm pretty sure this is the problem why my computer won't boot what so ever.

2 Notes of Genius:
1. I'm almost positive my computer isn't even compatible with Ubuntu
2. I did not back up any of my precious precious pictures,documents,programs.

I want to uninstall Ubuntu while putting windows back. And I don't want to lose any of my stuff. Please help.

Hello friend, when you installed ubuntu:

did you install as WUBI, repartition and add ubuntu to free space, or 'use entire hdd'

In the first two cases, your data is recoverable. In the last option, your data is probably gone as you have formatted your entire drive and written new data to it.

BTW "I'm almost positive my computer isn't even compatible with Ubuntu
" is likely false, linux is compatible with almost any consumer hardware (both modern and ancient), though sometimes things like video cards (do you have nvidia card?) have quirks and require special boot parameters (nomodeset)

nss000

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Sorry pal you are SOL. Once Linux is installed on a box it **CANN0T** be removed. Ever. By anyone. It's like rusted iron on a salty beach. First it gets into your BIOS. Then down the power-line to your toaster and frig. Rock solid installs into the motors corrupting Faradays Law. Forget ever having **light** toast rye.bread or ice.cold milk . Ever.

TeamBills

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
I tried the windows boot repair program it couldn't get through. I also tried another program but it didn't work either or said "could not find windows" going to try to download the ubuntu iso and see what happens. Sadly I don't have anything big enough I can save my stuff onto until I see my dad. He has some external hard drives.

TeamBills

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011

Thank you stillblue. That's what I did. Getting a external hard drive tomorrow.