Uninstallation not performed fully

Application Description Start From Application Command
Cmaudio Registry\Common\Run RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl CMICtrlWnd,

I mistakenly installed the drivers for a CM Audio sound card to my Windows
XP Professional computer. Although the uninstallation seems to go OK from
the screen messages, there is still an entry in the 'Program list' in Control
Panel - I guess I can remove this using Tweak UI?

More of a problem is that , after attempting uninstallation, I receive an
error message on start up "Cannot find cmicnfg.cpl" which I understand to be
a Control Panel problem. By using Everest I have identified the offending
item and this is produced above. Where is Registry\Common\Run and can I
delete something to stop this happening?

I am aware that fiddling with the Registry carries risks, and the problem is
not 'life-threatening' - just annoying :)

Malke

Peter W Allison UK wrote:

> Application Description Start From Application Command
> Cmaudio Registry\Common\Run RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl CMICtrlWnd,
>
> I mistakenly installed the drivers for a CM Audio sound card to my
> Windows
> XP Professional computer. Although the uninstallation seems to go OK
> from the screen messages, there is still an entry in the 'Program
> list' in Control Panel - I guess I can remove this using Tweak UI?
>
> More of a problem is that , after attempting uninstallation, I receive
> an error message on start up "Cannot find cmicnfg.cpl" which I
> understand to be a Control Panel problem. By using Everest I have
> identified the offending
> item and this is produced above. Where is Registry\Common\Run and
> can I delete something to stop this happening?
>
> I am aware that fiddling with the Registry carries risks, and the
> problem is
> not 'life-threatening' - just annoying :)

The quickest and easiest way to deal with this is by using System
Restore. Restore back to before you installed the wrong drivers.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

And if you don't have such a restore point, to edit the
registry, START/Run regedit But if you have to ask, you
need help because you can easily destroy the OS if you
remove or change the wrong files.
Create a restore point before doing a regedit.
You can find a helpful geek at high school and college
computer clubs or you can pay a professional.

some support