Uninstalled Android From Phone.

Taavi__

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017
I messed around with my old Huawei Honor 4C and i accidentally deleted Android (at least some parts of it so it won't boot.) from it. Now my computer or ADB won't recognize it as a phone. It just recognizes it as "Linux-File-CD Gadget USB Device". How can i install Android back to the phone? Thanks in advance :).

Taavi__

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017

I have tried that too, without success.
The pc doesnt recognize the device

no matter you deleted the files from android system it will still recognized in fastboot mode you sure you have the drivers properly installed in PC?

Taavi__

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017

The computer recognizes the phone as the linux-file-gadget thing but i dont know how to get the right driver for it.

Taavi__

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017

no i accidentally deleted android i think :rofl:

that would be hard to do lol. you should be able to get into the fastboot menu to perform a recovery. was the phone rooted?>

Taavi__

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017

yeah it was, i had flashed the twrp recovery and i was gonna do a system wipe to free more storage space (which i did lol) and i checked all the folders there and deleted them all.

does your phone have an SD card slot?

Taavi__

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017

Yeah it does

if twrp is still working then you do not have to worry about connecting the phone to your PC. you could copy an android ROM over to an SD card and put in you phone and use that to install android back on your phone.

the best place for help with you phone and twrp though would be XDA developera website:

https://www.xda-developers.com/

Taavi__

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017

imma try that :D i hope it works.

Taavi__

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017

okay so i tried it, it doesn't work. the twrp just shows "Failed" when i try to install the rom using it.

Lkaos

Honorable
Dec 13, 2014

No, not recovery...the phone should have an option to do a return to the state it was when you bought it...

the only thing you can do is to try another ROM or try to get a copy of trhe stock ROM off of Huawei 's website if they provide it. only other thing you can do is go into the "wipe" option in twrp and do a factory reset

Taavi__

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017

But the phone doesn't have android. I cant open settings.

You need to get the software Huawei uses to flash Android on their phones (for example: in Samsungs case it would be odin) you need to get your phones stock rom from somewhere and then boot your phone into bootloader mode and install the rom on it through Huaweis rom installer which should recognize your phone even when windows doesn't.

the OP already has a custom bootloader (TWRP) installed