Uninstalled graphics card, no idea how to fix

Mike Buchan

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
About a month and a half ago, my computer would begin to bluescreen seemingly for no reason. Upon researching on what the issue was, it was revealed that it was a graphics driver related issue. Of course, the first thing I tried was updating- but the installer only just finished uninstalling old drivers before once again it crashed. Unable to update for whatever reason, I asked windows support for help. They told me that deleting my graphics card from Device Manager and searching for changes would "refresh" my graphics card and make it work again. After refreshing, card was gone completely and would not come back. Was then told to try a clean Windows install, and that didn't work either. So now I'm sitting here with my gaming laptop using an Intel Integrated gpu reinstalling all my games, unable to fix the problem.

I looked on another forum that said updating PCE drivers or something would fix it, but I'm no tech wiz and have no idea where to go about getting them, let alone what they are.

TL;DR, I uninstalled my Nvidia graphics card and can't fix it through obvious means such as updating or reinstalling and I need help.

Mike Buchan

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014

As copied from Dxdiag-

System Manufacturer: Alienware
System Model: M17xR4
BIOS: Insyde H2O Version 03.72.07A04
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 24576MB RAM

The graphics card that I'm trying to fix is a Nvida 675M.

Hope this helps let me know if you need anything else.

Mike Buchan

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014

Unfortunately, this didn't work :(

The problem remains the same and my computer fails the system compatibility check every time.

Mike Buchan

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014

I don't... that's my issue. As I said before Windows support told me to fix my issue I had to uninstall the graphics card through the device manager and scan for changes, and that after I did that the gpu would return and the issue would be solved. However after I did scan for changes and graphics card was gone

Mike Buchan

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014

A minute ago I had something along the lines of VGA Standard adaptor or something, after having Intel drivers removed after running DDU. However I just reinstalled the Intel drivers and currently I have Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000. Nvidia card still nowhere to be found, though.

Mike Buchan

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014

Same issue with other drivers- "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware".

Mike Buchan

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014

Again as I stated, I reinstalled windows yesterday. It changed nothing. I might have to get this looked at in a computer shop or something...

have you installed all the chipset drivers from the company?

Mike Buchan

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014

Yep, I have. I even double checked that I did using the resource CD and everything is installed correctly.

then it should work.. :(

Mike Buchan

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014

Well, unfortunately it doesn't. I'll take it in to a computer store to see if they can do anything (for all I know, all my info could be wrong and it's actually a hardware issue). Thanks for your help.

if you find anything then report back soon