Question Uninstalled graphics drivers but reinstall fails?

Feb 20, 2019
Hey guys, I am really at a loss here. I do not understand what's going on with my PC. :(

I'm not sure the core cause of this problem, but I'd like to begin by stating that my Windows updates have been failing and I've been getting the "couldn't complete updates, undoing changes" message for a long time. I don't know what updates are failing, or why. I just know that it hasn't affected anything that I've noticed, so I just kind of ignored it. Forgive me.
I am failing to understand the responses to that issue that I've googled. Anyways, not sure if that has to do with my current and most troubling issue, which is as follows:

Yesterday, I decided to update my graphics drivers. I opened GeForce Experience, as I usually do, and did the "express installation," also as I usually do, but this time around it said it failed because there was "another update" going on or something like that. I made sure everything in the background that I am aware of was closed, and tried again. Still failed. So I googled it and it said to try a "clean installation" and so I did that, and it failed also. So I just gave up on updating my drivers (bad, I know. Please don't kill me) and I decided to just launch Overwatch and try to play as I had been without issue for a while without updating anything (Windows or graphics drivers). And it opens with 5 fps on menus. I go to options and it's saying it's using "Microsoft basic rendering device" in place of where my graphics card would normally be. Soooo... I google this and on the Blizzard tech support forums someone had a similar issue and a Blizzard employee told them to download DDU and uninstall Nvidia drivers and then reinstall them. I don't know why I thought this was a good idea since my updates were all failing earlier, but I did it anyway. I uninstalled my drivers and then again attempted to reinstall and it keeps failing.

I tried to fresh reinstall Windows several times and it gets to 89% and then fails every time. No system restore point to restore to either, even though I believe DDU said it was creating a restore point when I used it...

I just have no idea, and at this point it all seems so muddled that I can't really Google my problem anymore. I don't know what kinda info you guys might need, so please feel free to ask me.

Mar 19, 2019
Hey guys, I am really at a loss here. I do not understand what's going on with my PC. :(

I'm not sure the core cause of this problem, but I'd like to begin by stating that my Windows updates have been failing and I've been getting the "couldn't complete updates, undoing changes" message for a long time. I don't know what updates are failing, or why. I just know that it hasn't affected anything that I've noticed, so I just kind of ignored it. Forgive me.
I am failing to understand the responses to that issue that I've googled. Anyways, not sure if that has to do with my current and most troubling issue, which is as follows:

Yesterday, I decided to update my graphics drivers. I opened GeForce Experience, as I usually do, and did the "express installation," also as I usually do, but this time around it said it failed because there was "another update" going on or something like that. I made sure everything in the background that I am aware of was closed, and tried again. Still failed. So I googled it and it said to try a "clean installation" and so I did that, and it failed also. So I just gave up on updating my drivers (bad, I know. Please don't kill me) and I decided to just launch Overwatch and try to play as I had been without issue for a while without updating anything (Windows or graphics drivers). And it opens with 5 fps on menus. I go to options and it's saying it's using "Microsoft basic rendering device" in place of where my graphics card would normally be. Soooo... I google this and on the Blizzard tech support forums someone had a similar issue and a Blizzard employee told them to download DDU and uninstall Nvidia drivers and then reinstall them. I don't know why I thought this was a good idea since my updates were all failing earlier, but I did it anyway. I uninstalled my drivers and then again attempted to reinstall and it keeps failing.

I tried to fresh reinstall Windows several times and it gets to 89% and then fails every time. No system restore point to restore to either, even though I believe DDU said it was creating a restore point when I used it...

I just have no idea, and at this point it all seems so muddled that I can't really Google my problem anymore. I don't know what kinda info you guys might need, so please feel free to ask me.
Hello,
have you found a solution yet? I have exactly the same problem and heven't found anything yet.