Question Uninstalling EpicGamesLauncher

Mar 5, 2019
I've uninstalled Epic Games Launcher through Add/Remove Programs but this still remains in start up under Task Manager. How do I get rid of it? Thanks!

ay3Ht0H.png

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, since it's disabled... you don't really have to worry about it. However there a few programs that might help you remove it.

First I would try AutoRuns from Microsoft. Note: It's a very powerful program and if you uncheck the wrong options you may find your system no longer boots. So be careful and stick to the EpicGamesLauncher option only. Basically you run it and give it a minute to load and there is a "Filter" box on the toolbar. This is basically a search bar. Type in Epic on it and it should show the EpicGameLauncher. You can delete it with the right click menu.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

Another option is CCleaner. Also be careful with this one. Avoid the registry cleaner in it. There also has been recent reports of it secretly installing Avast even though people uncheck the options to install Avast in the Setup. Choose Custom install and look at all options carefully. Once installed, go to Tools / Startup. You should be able to find it there and select it, and choose the Delete button on the right.