[SOLVED] Uninstalling Minecraft

Zetto52SD

Honorable
Sep 30, 2014
Friends got a Realm and I haven't played in a while so I needed to update. Game doesnt seem to update to proper version, so I tried to uninstall and reinstall with a new wizard. Except the files (to my knowledge) don't seem to exist, and whenever I attempt to uninstall with windows or attempt to reinstall using the wizard, I get an "Invalid Drive D:\" error message for both actions. Losing my mind. Please help.

Solution
First try going to task manager and see if anything Minecraft related is running, if so end the task and then try and download it.
Second if that doesn't work try going to C:\Program Files and see if you can see anything Minecraft related in there. You could also check program files (86)

CronoInferno

Commendable
Oct 18, 2020
First try going to task manager and see if anything Minecraft related is running, if so end the task and then try and download it.
Second if that doesn't work try going to C:\Program Files and see if you can see anything Minecraft related in there. You could also check program files (86)

Solution

Zetto52SD

Honorable
Sep 30, 2014
So I did a search of "minecraft" in my C drive and deleted everything except for a couple of 3D models that it wouldn't let me for some reason due to TrustedInstaller privileges I think it was called, even though I gave it Admin privileges to delete it. Still showing up as an app and still not allowing to me to complete an install or uninstall.

Task manager isn't showing anything minecraft related either.

Zetto52SD

Honorable
Sep 30, 2014
Do you know if having Forge would affect this at all?