Question Uninstalling old drivers

Polarbear1284

Commendable
Aug 8, 2017
So around a month or 2 ago I upgraded from a AMD GTX 970 to a NVIDA GTX 1070 G1 and recently I've been having crash issues that occur literally at the exact time I load into the game. For example 2 min into Fortnite my game crashes, 2 min into Modern Warfare my game crashes which seems strange to me it also will randomly work and I wont crash on fortnite but apex will crash rarely. I looked it up and some people said to uninstall your old graphics card drivers and some say it doest matter. If anyone knows what the issue is or if it is my old drivers that would be great! Thanks!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Can you elaborate on "crashes"? What happens? Does the system lockup, restart, kick out back to the desktop?

Driver issues certainly can cause issues. Did you at least update the driver with the 1070? Or are you still running the driver that worked with the 970?

Please post your full system specs.

Polarbear1284

Commendable
Aug 8, 2017
Can you elaborate on "crashes"? What happens? Does the system lockup, restart, kick out back to the desktop?

Driver issues certainly can cause issues. Did you at least update the driver with the 1070? Or are you still running the driver that worked with the 970?

Please post your full system specs.
Oh sorry about that the crashes boot me back to the desktop with modern warfares error message being "Dev error followed by some numbers" and fortnites is "an application was hung" apex doesnt have one. I have my 1070 drivers up to date.

Specs:
CPU: Intel core i7-4790
GPU: Geforce GTX 1070 G1
Ram: 16 gb DDR3 Ripjaws