I now have XP on my computer but 2000 is still there. I thought I got rid of
it by deleting the folder WENNT but I am still being asked which OS I want to
use at boot up. Neither the old OS nor the old programs show up in the
Add?Remove section of the control panel.

How do I uninstall 2000?

Potter

I hope you find an answer! I have the same problem, and I lost all my current
programs and data when I installed XP! Help

"Typoz" wrote:

> I now have XP on my computer but 2000 is still there. I thought I got rid of
> it by deleting the folder WENNT but I am still being asked which OS I want to
> use at boot up. Neither the old OS nor the old programs show up in the
> Add?Remove section of the control panel.
>
> How do I uninstall 2000?

Potter

"Typoz" wrote:

> I now have XP on my computer but 2000 is still there. I thought I got rid of
> it by deleting the folder WENNT but I am still being asked which OS I want to
> use at boot up. Neither the old OS nor the old programs show up in the
> Add?Remove section of the control panel.
>
> How do I uninstall 2000?

You need to edit the BOOT.INI file to remove the reference to Win 2K. Control Panel, System, Advanced, Startup and Recovery. In the System startup section click the Edit button. If you're unsure of what you're removing, post the contents of your BOOT.INI file.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.