Uninstalling PC Cillin 98

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I got a problem with my Epson 300 printer. Someone told me to remove the PC Cillin 98 anti virus program, but when I tried to uninstall the said program, a message always pops up that says it can't be done since the real time monitor is loaded to the memory. Does anyone knows how to deal with this problem?

Spdy_Gonzales

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2001
Never used it. If this loads during startup you can use start/run/msconfig and under the startup tab uncheck programs you don't want to run. Reboot and then uninstall.

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.

mousepotato

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2001
I dont know what <i>real time monitor</i> is, but, I would try rebooting into "Safe Mode" then uninstalling.

<font color=green>I've had enough cookies.</font color=green> <font color=blue><i>Got milk?</i></font color=blue>

G

real time monitor is included w/ PC Cillin 98 & it's the one that deals with the monitor and it's drivers etc. I push the button F8 upon hearing the beep from my computer but it did'nt force my computer into the safe mode of operation. How do you put your computer into safe mode? Thanks a lot for your attention!

G

I followed your advise by using start/run/msconfig but the computer responded that it can't find this file.Maybe I might not be doing it correctly. Can you elaborate it further by starting it through a step by step procedure? Thanks for your concern!

Spdy_Gonzales

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2001
Click on Start. Click on Run. Type msconfig and press enter.

If the program dosen't run it might be because your computer manufacturer didn't install it. The program would be located in the c:\windows\system folder

Another way to terminate programs running in the background is to press control/alt/delete together. In the pop up screen you can click on the program you want to terminate and then click on "end task." If you are not sure which one to terminate, you can terminate everything except "explorer" and "systray". Then try uninstalling the PCcillin.

If you want to get into safe mode you should press F8 just before windows is going to start. When you start your computer there is a beep and then the bios checks memory and detects drives, etc...then it starts windows. Try holding down the F8 key a few seconds before the point when window will start.

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.

Status
Not open for further replies.