Uninterpreted Power Supply

Jul 27, 2018
Hello , I am facing problem with my ups power supply. 90% problems of ups are for batteries. So maybe this is of battery too. My problem is the ups is taking too long to charge. previously it took like 15 mins for the ups to be fully charged now it takes about 2-3 hours to become fully charged. Please reply if have the solution. Thanks. :)

Solution
Several points to be made here.

1. The recharge time is wholly dependent on both capacity, and the run-time on battery during a power outtage. The longer you're running off the battery, the longer it will take to charge back up.

2. Age is also a factor all else being equal. The older the battery, the longer it takes to charge. In my experience, a UPS battery lasts on average 5 years. Though they should be replaced pro-actively every 3 years to ensure high availability when needed. It really depends on your wattage draw and how critical the need is for you. For the one at home, I only replace the battery when it's actually failed. YMMV

3. Some UPS units have to be re-calibrated (learning cycle) after replacing the battery...

stdragon

Admirable
Several points to be made here.

1. The recharge time is wholly dependent on both capacity, and the run-time on battery during a power outtage. The longer you're running off the battery, the longer it will take to charge back up.

2. Age is also a factor all else being equal. The older the battery, the longer it takes to charge. In my experience, a UPS battery lasts on average 5 years. Though they should be replaced pro-actively every 3 years to ensure high availability when needed. It really depends on your wattage draw and how critical the need is for you. For the one at home, I only replace the battery when it's actually failed. YMMV

3. Some UPS units have to be re-calibrated (learning cycle) after replacing the battery. Essentially, you drain the battery until the UPS shuts off. It will then re-calibrate with a new baseline of 0 and charge up to 100%. This ensure estimated run-time at current load is properly being calculated.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS