Klockclock

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2014
Hello, since yesterday midday I have been troubleshooting my new pc build trying to understand the problem and get it to boot. I’ve tried everything between heaven and earth.

When I turn on the PC every fan and all the rgb turns on, the qled display on the asus mobo first shines red on cpu like its supposed to. Then onto dram where it shines yellow for a few seconds and then nothing.

The thing is, that if theres a problem with the ram the yellow dram light is supposed to stay on(everyone else with similar problem on forums the dram light stays on, I have not been able to find one single case of the dram shining yellow for a few seconds and then nothing). But if the ram is ok the mobo should go on to vga white light and then boot green light. But nothing. And thats whats weird to me. No peripherals like mouse or keyboard light up either, maybe thats normal if the system doesnt boot.

Ive made sure power pins is connected, reinstalled cpu once, tried with 3 different ddr4 ram pair, tried with one ram only in each of the four slots, tried without gpu with hdmi to mobo.

Does anyone have any idea or thing that I could have overlooked, otherwise I suspect that the mobo or cpu is in someway broken. Would be nice to know exactly whats causing it so I know what I have to replace, in that case.

Thanks!

My rig:
Mobo: ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus D4
Cpu: i9 12900k
Cpu cooler: corsair h100i elite
Gpu: about to upgrade bu right now gtx 980 evga sc
Ram: corsair vengeance 3200mhz
PSU: corsair hx850
Storage: 250gb ssd

Klockclock

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2014
Last thing to do is go to minimal build: mobo, CPU. cooler, one stick of RAM and PSU, built outside of case. If that changes nothing then most likely bad mobo.
Does it make any real difference if the minimal build is outside the case or can the minimal build just as well be in the case just as long as its the minimal required components?