Unique networking problem

scott.mifflin

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
I have a problem that not many will have and I have tried many various things over the years. I have to use a broadband service provider and in exchange for free internet I agreed to let the ISP put a tower on my roof to rebroadcast to the rest of the neighbourhood. His signal comes from a cell phone tower to my roof and I believe it is a LTE signal. From the tower there is a line coming in going through a POE switch into the house into a wireless bridge. There is a second line that comes into the house and through another POE and into the bridge. It is then connected to my router from there. I suggested a POE before the bridge with multiple LAN with one going directly to my router but he shrugged that off. I’d be willing to buy one on my own if that would work. I am a newbie for sure. I am pretty certain the bridge is there to monitor the network on isp end. Problem being this has caused (I believe) me to have poor gaming capabilities. NAT is ALWAYS strict or worse. I have tried port forwarding which I believe is pointless because the signal goes through the bridge as well as the router which I am thinking causes the packet loss when I check my Xbox 1 network diagnostic. I have tried port forwarding, DMZ, port triggering, and a variety of other things. ISP is now saying that a hardware upgrade has caused issues because he hasn’t tweaked the software to where it needs to be. Last week he said it was a rogue router that was reassigning ip addresses. My upload is around 2.0-5.0 and download 2.0-8.0 so I know that is not the issue. Ping is around 20 normally but spikes to 100-200 at times. Help please...any offer in a soloution is greatly appreciated.

Scott