United Nations Denied Control Over the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
"...with heavy heart..."???!?!?!???? How about (BLEEEEEEP)ING NO!

Heavy Heart that ya'll got CAUGHT trying to take over something you (nor any government body EVER) should ever get control of.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]10hellfire01[/nom]Next on the list is to assign one person control of the world's governments....[/citation]
My vote for is for Obama

G

F the U.N. They have been irrelevant for many years now. Go away never come back.

srap

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]My vote for is for Obama[/citation]
My vote is on Gyatso. Things would calm down at least.

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Say what you will about Canada, the US, and the UK, (and those other states too) but, despite SOPA (or perhaps because of it) these states did the right thing.

Viva la Egypt baby (No, I don't).

G

[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]F the U.N. They have been irrelevant for many years now. Go away never come back.[/citation]
Remember the "League of Nations"? The U.N. may be irrelevant as it is today, but it does have a purpose in world politics. If or when there is a WWIII, the U.N. might become a much more powerful political body.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]Remember the "League of Nations"? The U.N. may be irrelevant as it is today, but it does have a purpose in world politics. If or when there is a WWIII, the U.N. might become a much more powerful political body.[/citation]

The UN was created as a response to the holocaust and the soviet union... of which another similar instance cannot be prevented. Why? Because it happens anyways, all the time. Humans are built to terminate other humans, that is the rule. Why? Because we have no known natural predators. Laws of nature, cannot be broken...

Have a great day.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
[citation][nom]derekullo[/nom]Al Gore invented it. Let him control it ....[/citation]
Please show me where he claimed that.... I'm getting really sick of that stupid joke.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Madjimms[/nom]Please show me where he claimed that.... I'm getting really sick of that stupid joke.[/citation]

March 9, 1999, CNN "I took the intiative in creating the internet"

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]F the U.N. They have been irrelevant for many years now. Go away never come back.[/citation]

The one thing the UN should get credit for are its humanitarian missions.

Security missions? Not the greatest track record.

mikenygmail

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
Unless it was up to someone like me, who could be 100% fair and rule the internet with the best possible interests of everyone involved in mind, it makes no sense for anyone or anything to have control of the internet. :)

"[It's] with a heavy heart and a sense of missed opportunities that the U.S. must communicate that it is not able to sign the agreement in the current form."
What? The bill not censoring enough for ya?

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]abbadon_34[/nom]March 9, 1999, CNN "I took the intiative in creating the internet"[/citation]
This is a great example of taking things out of context in order to make someone look bad. It was part of a response to a question concerning differences between him and Bill Bradley when they were both running for the Democratic presidential nomination. By initiative, he was referring to legislative initiative. His wording was a bit clumsy as can often happen when being questioned under these circumstances. He was referring to his pushing congress to support funding DARPA to further progress for the internet.

His opposition took this one line out of the interview and publicized it, knowing that most people would simply parrot the phrase without making any effort to find out the truth behind it thereby making Al Gore look foolish. The internet was the creation of many individuals and Gore was an important player. Had it not been for Al Gore's push for government funding, the internet would have been a decade or so behind where it is today. He was also a major player in taking it out of government hands and giving access to the general population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS