[SOLVED] Uniterruptable Power Supply Questions

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Hello All

Currently have an APC Backup UPS 1350 rated for 810 watts, anyways is it safe to plug my secondary gaming Laptop into the same UPS? Should that be plugged into the Surge Only outlet, as the Laptop has a built in battery, and Desktop doesn't. Also should i run a manual test of the device ever so often? unforuately lose power less at the new place, than did at the old place, so doesn't cycle as much as it did there.

Welcome any feedback, and tips to optimize my power situation

Desktop Specs

Gigabyte B460M-DS3H
Intel 10700 (Stock Cooler right now)
16gb of Crucial Ram
Geforce 1660 Super
1 M.2 Nvme 500GB Samsung 970 Pro Plus
1 1TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD (Game Drive)
1 WD Black 4TB Storage Drive
3 RGB Fans, fed by Thermaltake RGB Controller
1 120MM Exhaust (fed from same Controller)
EVGA G3 650 Watt Power supply
USB Devices as follows
4 External drives, 8TB Seagate USB 3.1 Enclosure, 1 USB 3.0 Enclosure with WD Black 1TB in it, WD Passport Hard drive, 2TB, WD Elements 500GB USB 2.0 External, and various USB flash drives

Laptop Specs
HP Omen 15_ce019dx
8GB of ram
15.6 inch Full HD 1080 Screen
1 128 Nvme SSD
1 Hitachi Storage drive
not many USB devices with that system

Last edited:
Solution
It should be fine though unnecessary. If you have a regular power trip elsewhere then I recommend plugging it into that. If however you don't and the UPS is your only option then t should be fine as long as your total wattage draw doesn't exceed your UPS's wattage output. And yes plug it into the non-battery outlet ports.
It should be fine though unnecessary. If you have a regular power trip elsewhere then I recommend plugging it into that. If however you don't and the UPS is your only option then t should be fine as long as your total wattage draw doesn't exceed your UPS's wattage output. And yes plug it into the non-battery outlet ports.

Solution

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Well way outlets in room is, one on other far side of wall, one behind Televison on other wall, and then UPS Device that powers Desktop PC, and yes i will double check the Laptop is on Surge side, Right now APC software shows not even using much of the wattage, but not also using Desktop PC hard at all right now, so might make a difference there. Desks are right next to each other.