Universal Abit Reportedly Leaving Motherboard Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
Sad....never had any problems with Abit mobos...had a KT7A-133 mobo from them that was probably the most stable "out of the box" board I ever owned.

gondo

Distinguished
I've been a fan since their very first board. I remember they had the only dual socket celeron and I overclocked 2 400MHZ CPUs to 500MHZ. I owned a store and exclusively stocked Abit, which most people never heard of. I heard many complaints about the package Abit shipped. Other companies shipped rounded cables while Abit included 2 regular ribbon cables.

uGuru was a great thing and it'll be a shame to see it leave. If you can't beat em, join em...Abit shoould have joined forces with Asus and have Asus featuring uGuru technology by Abit.

Also Abit never made anything else than motherboards. A few video cards for a while but that died fast. Then they had those digital speakers which were a waste of time. What they should have made were good 5.1 and 7.1 speakers to compete with Logitech. Creative no longer makes the high end gigaworks so Logitech has a monopoly in the high end speaker category. They should have gone strong with good speakers at good prices, notebooks, the best micro PC on the market etc... They didn't cash in when they had a strong name and were a top contender.

Goodbye Abit I will miss you.

Cmhone

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2005
Damn. My first time overclocking was with an Abit NF7-S, and i've used three other Abit boards since.Going to consumer electronics is a sad way to go.

G

I think I'm going to cry. Abit has been around since the early 90's. They were the VERY first (and this is no exaggeration) to use jumper less motherboards to adjust cpu / bus speed. (this is back in the Pentium 200-233 days. Now a days, most of us can't imagine trying to pull out our mobo to change the clock settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.