Universal Disc Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Does anyone perhaps know if a Universal Disc Player that will play CDs,
SACDs, and DVD-As, but that does not incorporate DVD, i.e. not function as a
DVD player, is available?

I am very interested in all three audio formats, but I do not want the extra
video circuitry, nor do I have a monitor in the same room to set it up.

I would seriously doubt that you'll find a player that does DVD-A and not
DVD-V. DVD-A needs the video bit for the menu's.
Pioneer make good universal players.

Rik

On Fri, 21 May 2004 02:32:00 GMT, "Peter" <p_ullman@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

>Does anyone perhaps know if a Universal Disc Player that will play CDs,
>SACDs, and DVD-As, but that does not incorporate DVD, i.e. not function as a
>DVD player, is available?
>
>I am very interested in all three audio formats, but I do not want the extra
>video circuitry, nor do I have a monitor in the same room to set it up.

I don't think you'll find a unit WITHOUT DVD capability.

These players are now utility items, at a utility price. Don't fuss
:)

fred

You could get a universal player with a video circuitry bypass function. For
example:
Yamaha DVD-S1500 dvd player
http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/DVD/DVDS1500.htm

plays everything and has the bypass function.