Universal RGB Led Controller

paecificjr

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
I have started looking for new computer components. I will admit I like RGB leds. When done right they don't look too gaudy. Anyways... I have been looking at these components with leds: MSI Godlike Carbon, Thermaltake Riing RGB, and NZXT Hue+.

From the research I've done I know that the Thermaltake fans can't be controlled by a computer. I was just wondering if there was some software that would control leds from multiple companies. If I could control my Hue+ and Godlike Carbon and have them synced that would be nice.

If nothing else I am just hoping that my frustration with the lack of a led standard will get something started :D.

Solution
That MSI Carbon board isn't cheap. I've seen it retailing for about $600 easily. And I haven't seen anything about it supporting Broadwell-E out of the box yet. If you want something like a standard RGB LED light controller check out the NZXT Hue+, that will give you RGB lighting for a fraction of the cost of that Carbon board: https://www.nzxt.com/products/HUE-Plus