Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller

filipjereb30

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
No idea what driver to install. My mobo is gigabyte. Could these happen to make my computer not want to sleep/keep coming back from sleep mode?

Solution
perhaps you should run virus scan and malware detector.

secondly, if this doesnt find anything you can try to diable 'PLL Overvoltage' in your bios. this setting protects your mobo from power spikes by smoothing out jumps in voltage, this can interfere with sleep/wake signals. if this solution doesnt work turn it back on immediately.

lastly, i dont really reccomend this but its worth a go: disable 'wake on lan' and/or all rpc services - this could be a wake signal reciever from your internet allowing an outside source to wake your pc from slumber without your physical input at the keyboard.

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
your mobo should come with a driver disk.
check your mobo model number and google the usb drivers it supports.

generally, usb control does not interfere with sleep mode unless it faults as you sleep and wakes the pc to warn you of the fault? is this what is happening?

filipjereb30

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
Ok ill look into that
When i put my computer to sleep mode it turns back on, almost right away, sometimes it takes 5-10 min
It even happend when i shut down my computer and it turned back on
I also had some unexpected windows shut downs
I recently changed pc cases and a graphic card if that could be a problem?

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
perhaps you should run virus scan and malware detector.

secondly, if this doesnt find anything you can try to diable 'PLL Overvoltage' in your bios. this setting protects your mobo from power spikes by smoothing out jumps in voltage, this can interfere with sleep/wake signals. if this solution doesnt work turn it back on immediately.

lastly, i dont really reccomend this but its worth a go: disable 'wake on lan' and/or all rpc services - this could be a wake signal reciever from your internet allowing an outside source to wake your pc from slumber without your physical input at the keyboard.

Solution

filipjereb30

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
I installed the driver and since then i had no problems with computer waking up. Ill see if it still happens and try what you said. Ive run norton, avira, malwarebytes, avast and nothing came up. But yesterday ive seen norton notifying me about attacks it blocked from the web. Maybe its important