University Laptop/Gaming Laptop!

craftcrossing

Reputable
Mar 19, 2015
So next year (fall 2019) I will be attending university. I will need a laptop, as I only currently have a desktop setup. I am an avid gamer and am studying computer engineering.

I have decided to get a laptop which I can still play games on- the MSI Raider.

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=710_577_1199&item_id=133504

I could also use this laptop for my final semester of highschool.

My question to you is, is it smart to buy now, or wait till late summer? Will new things come out? Will prices drop? Will this laptop last me the 4/5 years necessary?

Thanks!

It is one of the best spec. No the price wont be much of a difference. But if you can hold on to the money, then I would suggest you to buy it in the summer. New things will always come out, but it won't be worth of a configuration change. Yes, this laptop should be alright for another 4-5 years.

zachybest

Reputable
Jan 27, 2018
So next year (fall 2019) I will be attending university. I will need a laptop, as I only currently have a desktop setup. I am an avid gamer and am studying computer engineering.

I have decided to get a laptop which I can still play games on- the MSI Raider.

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=710_577_1199&item_id=133504

I could also use this laptop for my final semester of highschool.

My question to you is, is it smart to buy now, or wait till late summer? Will new things come out? Will prices drop? Will this laptop last me the 4/5 years necessary?

Thanks!
If you don't have any problem with the money, you should buy. It has enough spec. a computer engineering student needs.

New things will come out. Like iPhone 11 will come out soon, that doesn't mean we should not buy iPhone x now :D

Mar 19, 2019
MSI GE75 Raider is no doubt a good gaming laptop with high performance configurations and you can consider it for university + gaming use. But, there are better options available at lower prices like MSI GS65 Stealth Thin-051 and New ROG Zephyrus S with RTX graphics. These laptops are portable (slim & light) yet powerful and so you can carry it with you at university and perform high-end tasks + play games at its best.

For full guide on how to choose best laptop for college and best laptops recommendation, read here the full article.