Hey all, I have a little problem that I hope can be fixed without
reinstalling...

I simply cannot associate a university with Strangetown, is this normal?
Both other towns are fine, and no...I have not created another town or
anything...so as far as I know I should be able to do this but cannot.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Dianna

Well, it's not normal - not that that helps you much - but I associated La
Fiesta Tech with Strangetown without any difficulty. So it must be
something else. Do you have any hacks in your game?

Best wishes
Maxon

"k-n-d" <k-n-d@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hey all, I have a little problem that I hope can be fixed without
> reinstalling...
>
> I simply cannot associate a university with Strangetown, is this normal?
> Both other towns are fine, and no...I have not created another town or
> anything...so as far as I know I should be able to do this but cannot.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
> Dianna

To be honest, I am not sure what is considered a hack anymore. LOL I may
have some, but I do not think so. I will have to check, I guess....

Maybe I will just reintstall again...though I really hate to do so.

Thanks
Dianna

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:54:58 GMT, Maxon <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com>
wrote:

> Well, it's not normal - not that that helps you much - but I associated
> La
> Fiesta Tech with Strangetown without any difficulty. So it must be
> something else. Do you have any hacks in your game?
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>

> "k-n-d" <k-n-d@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Hey all, I have a little problem that I hope can be fixed without
>> reinstalling...
>>
>> I simply cannot associate a university with Strangetown, is this normal?
>> Both other towns are fine, and no...I have not created another town or
>> anything...so as far as I know I should be able to do this but cannot.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Dianna
>>
>> --
>> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

Ok, I have the Energizer Painting, payatbox, and WohooTeen hacks in my
game, according to the Sims2Pack Clean Installer. I know I downloaded all
of the latest version, all supposed to work with University. Otherwise,
there are no hacks in my game.

wrote:

> Well, it's not normal - not that that helps you much - but I associated
> La
> Fiesta Tech with Strangetown without any difficulty. So it must be
> something else. Do you have any hacks in your game?
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>

> "k-n-d" <k-n-d@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Hey all, I have a little problem that I hope can be fixed without
>> reinstalling...
>>
>> I simply cannot associate a university with Strangetown, is this normal?
>> Both other towns are fine, and no...I have not created another town or
>> anything...so as far as I know I should be able to do this but cannot.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Dianna
>>
>> --
>> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

None of those programs/mods should have any adverse affect what so ever on
your game, let alone mucking with the University option.

As a completely wild guess on my part - open up your N002 folder and see if
you have any University files in there already - maybe it is a case of a
University half installing and mucking up? Every attached University should
have a png and a package file in the appropriate Neighbourhood folder.

Does anybody else know where else University files might go? Or have a
different guess as to what might be causing this problem?

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

Madame Mim wrote:

> None of those programs/mods should have any adverse affect what
> so
> ever on your game, let alone mucking with the University
> option.

I can't help with the problem, but I've got another question:
since University, my Flamingo of Decay gives error messages. I
click them away and no harm done, but it's annoying and it
worries me a bit. I have no other hacks. Anyone an idea?

T.

Taemon wrote:

> Madame Mim wrote:
>

>>None of those programs/mods should have any adverse affect what
>>so
>>ever on your game, let alone mucking with the University
>>option.
>

> I can't help with the problem, but I've got another question:
> since University, my Flamingo of Decay gives error messages. I
> click them away and no harm done, but it's annoying and it
> worries me a bit. I have no other hacks. Anyone an idea?
>
> T.

Download fresh ones. He updated of the expansion.

-georg

mmm - I find it surprising sometimes how hacks do affect the game
unexpectedly. I found that the one and only hack I had in my game, the
nudist-simple4 hack, stops my students going to class, doing their final
exams and making calls on their mobile phones. I realised it was because it
put an option into the pie menu for sims which then prevented the other
options showing up. Anyway, as it happens I think Madame Min is probably
right and those hacks shouldn't affect your game in this way but I'd still
whip 'em out and give it a try and see if it works. I'd be more suspicious
if it was a career hack as those caused more problems than anything else. I
really must get over to MTS2 and see if they've updated the nudist hack for
University and if you have hacks in the game, I'd advise you to do the same.

Best wishes
Maxon

georg wrote:

> Taemon wrote:
>> I can't help with the problem, but I've got another question:
>> since University, my Flamingo of Decay gives error messages. I
>> click them away and no harm done, but it's annoying and it
>> worries me a bit. I have no other hacks. Anyone an idea?
> Download fresh ones. He updated of the expansion.

Think I did... but I will do it again, in any case. Thanks! Now
to replace the MTS2 see-through bedcovers.. :)

T.

> Think I did... but I will do it again, in any case. Thanks! Now to replace
> the MTS2 see-through bedcovers.. :)
>
> T.

Have those been posted? They were so cute and I was so sorry to lose them
with University.

See, that's what I thought too. I do not know about the files, it's not
really my bag to do that type of thing. If it's easy, I wouldn't mind
someone walking me through to see what is what.

Elsewise, it looks like another re-install for me....I so hope I don't
have to do that.

Thanks!
Dianna

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:52:28 GMT, Madame Mim
<mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> None of those programs/mods should have any adverse affect what so ever
> on
> your game, let alone mucking with the University option.
>
> As a completely wild guess on my part - open up your N002 folder and see
> if
> you have any University files in there already - maybe it is a case of a
> University half installing and mucking up? Every attached University
> should
> have a png and a package file in the appropriate Neighbourhood folder.
>
> Does anybody else know where else University files might go? Or have a
> different guess as to what might be causing this problem?

The folder you need to look in is My Documents\EA Games\The Sims
2\Neighbourhoods\N002 and the files themselves would be very easy to spot if
they actually exist, because they will have the word University in them. A
neighbourhood with no associated Universities would have no university files
in it.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

Nancy Scott wrote:

>> Taemon wrote:
>> Think I did... but I will do it again, in any case. Thanks!
>> Now to
>> replace the MTS2 see-through bedcovers.. :)
> Have those been posted? They were so cute and I was so sorry
> to lose
> them with University.

I couldn't find them. Everywhere I went on the site I had to "log
in". Haven't seen that before. Does anyone know what I did wrong?
I'd rather not make another account.

T.

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

> The folder you need to look in is My Documents\EA Games\The Sims
> 2\Neighbourhoods\N002 and the files themselves would be very easy to spot
> if
> they actually exist, because they will have the word University in them. A
> neighbourhood with no associated Universities would have no university
> files
> in it.
>
> --
> Morituri Nolumus Mori
>
> MM

Well I have a wierd problem or else I've lost my Mind! I sent two Teens from
the Broke family to College. They did it on the computer when it said "go
off to college" (something like that). Now _ I _ can't Go there at all, I
have the University Icon but all it says now is "Send Teen to College"...
What HAVE I done?!? I feel so Stupid...
Sage

> "k-n-d" <k-n-d@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> See, that's what I thought too. I do not know about the files, it's not
>> really my bag to do that type of thing. If it's easy, I wouldn't mind
>> someone walking me through to see what is what.
>>
>> Elsewise, it looks like another re-install for me....I so hope I don't
>> have to do that.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Dianna
>>
>> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:52:28 GMT, Madame Mim
>> <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>>
>> > None of those programs/mods should have any adverse affect what so ever
>> > on
>> > your game, let alone mucking with the University option.
>> >
>> > As a completely wild guess on my part - open up your N002 folder and
>> > see
>> > if
>> > you have any University files in there already - maybe it is a case of
>> > University half installing and mucking up? Every attached University
>> > should
>> > have a png and a package file in the appropriate Neighbourhood folder.
>> >
>> > Does anybody else know where else University files might go? Or have a
>> > different guess as to what might be causing this problem?
>> >

>> --
>> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

Ok, I went to see and there is no University files associated with N002.
So I do not know what the problem is. I know I never associated any with
it because I just now started wanting to play that neighborhood. Ah well,
I hope I can find something that will fix this. If not, it's not that bad
to re-install...I just have to move a lot of files first.

Thanks!
Dianna

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:58:09 GMT, Madame Mim
<mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> The folder you need to look in is My Documents\EA Games\The Sims
> 2\Neighbourhoods\N002 and the files themselves would be very easy to
> spot if
> they actually exist, because they will have the word University in them.
> neighbourhood with no associated Universities would have no university
> files
> in it.

Thanks Maxon, but the hacks I have are the updated ones from MTS2. I
tried taking them out last night and it made no difference. None at all,
darn it.

Dianna

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:31:28 GMT, Maxon <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com>
wrote:

> mmm - I find it surprising sometimes how hacks do affect the game
> unexpectedly. I found that the one and only hack I had in my game, the
> nudist-simple4 hack, stops my students going to class, doing their final
> exams and making calls on their mobile phones. I realised it was
> because it
> put an option into the pie menu for sims which then prevented the other
> options showing up. Anyway, as it happens I think Madame Min is probably
> right and those hacks shouldn't affect your game in this way but I'd
> still
> whip 'em out and give it a try and see if it works. I'd be more
> suspicious
> if it was a career hack as those caused more problems than anything
> else. I
> really must get over to MTS2 and see if they've updated the nudist hack
> for
> University and if you have hacks in the game, I'd advise you to do the
> same.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>

> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>> None of those programs/mods should have any adverse affect what so ever
>> on
>> your game, let alone mucking with the University option.
>>
>> As a completely wild guess on my part - open up your N002 folder and see
> if
>> you have any University files in there already - maybe it is a case of a
>> University half installing and mucking up? Every attached University
> should
>> have a png and a package file in the appropriate Neighbourhood folder.
>>
>> Does anybody else know where else University files might go? Or have a
>> different guess as to what might be causing this problem?
>>
>> --
>> Morituri Nolumus Mori
>>
>> MM
>>

>> "k-n-d" <k-n-d@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > Ok, I have the Energizer Painting, payatbox, and WohooTeen hacks in my
>> > game, according to the Sims2Pack Clean Installer. I know I downloaded
> all
>> > of the latest version, all supposed to work with University.
>> Otherwise,
>> > there are no hacks in my game.
>> >
>> > Dianna
>> >
>> > On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:54:58 GMT, Maxon
>> <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com>

> associated

>> normal?
> or
> cannot.

>> > --
>> > Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

OK - well, it was worth a try.

I do know also that you can associate more than one neighbourhood with a
university - I have La Fiesta Tech for three of my neighbourhoods. So, it's
not that either. It's a bit of a mystery why you are having this problem.
It's a constant surprise how the game behaves differently on different
people's systems. Perhaps you should describe EXACTLY what it is you do on
the screen when you try to set up the association. Did you check to see if
there were any University package files in Strangetown's folder? I have a
'reia' file in there as well - I have no idea what that is.

Oh wait - I see you did the last thing. So there are no files in there for
university and it would appear that an association has not been set up. One
thing that occurs to me is that it sounds almost as if the game thinks you
already have three (the maximum number) universities already associated with
the neighbourhood. If you could describe what happens when you try to do
this action - everything including mouse clicks and any error messages maybe
we'll get more of a clue. If my last idea is right, it might mean you have
a corrupted neighbourhood file - I bet you could fix it with SimPE, it's
probably only a case of changing one integer somewhere. Which university are
you trying to associate with Strangetown? Have you tried creating a
completely new university for the neighbourhood?

> Thanks Maxon, but the hacks I have are the updated ones from MTS2. I
> tried taking them out last night and it made no difference. None at all,
> darn it.
>
> Dianna

See Maxon, that's the thing...I don't even get the option! The University
symbol is all greyed out, and I cannot click on it at all. I haven't been
able to attempt any associations, but I would like to use the one that
looks like it should be there...La Fiesta Tech? Is that right?

I always tend to play Veronaville, for some reason. I never had any
issues with the University there, so I didn't think about it for a long
time. Then I tried playing in Strangetown, only to find this issue. So I
went into ..darn it all, I cannot think of the name of the other
neighborhood because I never play it..it's the first one in the group.
Anyway, it allowed me to associate Sim State University just fine. So I
went back into Strangetown and tried again, still not an option. I know
there are kids in that nieghborhood, so the option should very much be
available.

I get no error messages, nothing. It just won't allow it period. Does
that help?

~No I haven't tried to create a new University for there, as I said the
option is all greyed out so I don't think I can...can I? As for SimPE, I
gotta admit I admire the heck out of that program but am kinda scared to
use it. Being tech-savvy is just not in me. Is it easy to interface with?

Thanks a bunch!
Dianna

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:51:15 GMT, Maxon <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com>
wrote:

> OK - well, it was worth a try.
>
> I do know also that you can associate more than one neighbourhood with a
> university - I have La Fiesta Tech for three of my neighbourhoods. So,
> it's
> not that either. It's a bit of a mystery why you are having this
> problem.
> It's a constant surprise how the game behaves differently on different
> people's systems. Perhaps you should describe EXACTLY what it is you
> do on
> the screen when you try to set up the association. Did you check to see
> if
> there were any University package files in Strangetown's folder? I have
> 'reia' file in there as well - I have no idea what that is.
>
> Oh wait - I see you did the last thing. So there are no files in there
> for
> university and it would appear that an association has not been set up.
> One
> thing that occurs to me is that it sounds almost as if the game thinks
> you
> already have three (the maximum number) universities already associated
> with
> the neighbourhood. If you could describe what happens when you try to do
> this action - everything including mouse clicks and any error messages
> maybe
> we'll get more of a clue. If my last idea is right, it might mean you
> have
> a corrupted neighbourhood file - I bet you could fix it with SimPE, it's
> probably only a case of changing one integer somewhere. Which university
> are
> you trying to associate with Strangetown? Have you tried creating a
> completely new university for the neighbourhood?
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>

> "k-n-d" <k-n-d@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks Maxon, but the hacks I have are the updated ones from MTS2. I
>> tried taking them out last night and it made no difference. None at
>> all,
>> darn it.
>>
>> Dianna

"Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in

> None of those programs/mods should have any adverse affect what so
> ever on your game, let alone mucking with the University option.

Actually, I don't think that's correct. The teen woohoo hack caused
big, big problems with university. But I can't think of any reason it
would be neighborhood-specific, so that may not be Dianna's problem.

--
---->Sagittaria<----

"We appear to be hardwired to punish those who have slighted us, even
if - and this is the counterintuitive bit - even if our acts of
vengeance hurt us more than those who have trespassed against us."
-Peter Watts [based on http://snipurl.com/e0s6]

That's true the old ones did. I just assumed she has one of the University
compatible ones.

And you know what they say about people who go around assuming things
*smacks forehead*

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

wrote:

> mmm - I find it surprising sometimes how hacks do affect the game
> unexpectedly. I found that the one and only hack I had in my game, the
> nudist-simple4 hack, stops my students going to class, doing their final
> exams and making calls on their mobile phones. I realised it was
> because it
> put an option into the pie menu for sims which then prevented the other
> options showing up. Anyway, as it happens I think Madame Min is probably
> right and those hacks shouldn't affect your game in this way but I'd
> still
> whip 'em out and give it a try and see if it works. I'd be more
> suspicious
> if it was a career hack as those caused more problems than anything
> else. I
> really must get over to MTS2 and see if they've updated the nudist hack
> for
> University and if you have hacks in the game, I'd advise you to do the
> same.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>

> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>> None of those programs/mods should have any adverse affect what so ever
>> on
>> your game, let alone mucking with the University option.
>>
>> As a completely wild guess on my part - open up your N002 folder and see
> if
>> you have any University files in there already - maybe it is a case of a
>> University half installing and mucking up? Every attached University
> should
>> have a png and a package file in the appropriate Neighbourhood folder.
>>
>> Does anybody else know where else University files might go? Or have a
>> different guess as to what might be causing this problem?
>>
>> --
>> Morituri Nolumus Mori
>>
>> MM
>>

>> "k-n-d" <k-n-d@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > Ok, I have the Energizer Painting, payatbox, and WohooTeen hacks in my
>> > game, according to the Sims2Pack Clean Installer. I know I downloaded
> all
>> > of the latest version, all supposed to work with University.
>> Otherwise,
>> > there are no hacks in my game.
>> >
>> > Dianna
>> >
>> > On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:54:58 GMT, Maxon
>> <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com>

> associated

>> normal?
> or
> cannot.

>> > --
>> > Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

right on, thanks! Will do!

Dianna
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:58:09 GMT, Madame Mim
<mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> The folder you need to look in is My Documents\EA Games\The Sims
> 2\Neighbourhoods\N002 and the files themselves would be very easy to
> spot if
> they actually exist, because they will have the word University in them.
> neighbourhood with no associated Universities would have no university
> files
> in it.

How odd that these posted today...I wrote them some time ago! Crazy server
of mine...

Dianna