university wireless network

yahya k

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015
I live by the university camp, I am a student and when I step outside of my place I can reach the signal... I really wonder how to boost signal towards my place.... For connecting to this network every one has a unique user and pass.... I wanted to use a repeater butI don't know the main wpa2 pass for the network I am sure my private pass not working... So how can I solve this, I wonder what type of network is this that all has unique name and pass.... How can I use a reprepeater or nanostation antenna to get the signal in my room and use my credit to use the network

Solution
A usb stick on a 15ft USB extension cable will work if 15ft it long enough.

It depends how they have done this. If they are running WPA2 in enterprise mode then it will be close to impossible, although you might if you can find a bridge that can act as what is called a suplicant. This is actually a outright violation of 802.1x but i have seen equipment that does this.

If too many people would do this the university would switch to certificates or one time passwords but it does work when you have a simple userid and password.

WPA2 in enterprise mode is designed to prevent exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

A usb stick on a 15ft USB extension cable will work if 15ft it long enough.

It depends how they have done this. If they are running WPA2 in enterprise mode then it will be close to impossible, although you might if you can find a bridge that can act as what is called a suplicant. This is actually a outright violation of 802.1x but i have seen equipment that does this.

If too many people would do this the university would switch to certificates or one time passwords but it does work when you have a simple userid and password.

WPA2 in enterprise mode is designed to prevent exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

Solution