[SOLVED] Unknown “Master” psu brand

Nov 10, 2018
I am thinking about adding some upgrades to my PC, such as new cpu, mobo etc. and so I have been going over the parts that I’m keeping and I am a bit concerned about my psu. It’s 80 plus and 800 wt, and I have never had any issues with it. However the name of its brand is “Master” and I am unable to find out anything about the product or company anywhere. I’m about to spend over $1,000 on upgrades, now I’m just concerned my power supply is a cheap knock-off that’s going to disrupt my PC. Has anyone heard of it before, should I be concerned and invest in a new psu?

Solution
I guess I don't understand why this is even a question. If I were going to drop more than $1000 on computer components, the FIRST thing I'm buying is a quality power supply.

-Wolf sends

Grugbug

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
The PSU is the heart of a system. A marginal/ weak PSU will introduce all sorts of odd system behavior which can lead to losing it all.
Figure out what kind of system you want and then look for a PSU that can supply enough wattage. Toms has lots of PSU reviews and will point you in the right direction.