Jan 27, 2023
This morning i went to boot up my computer, during the post process all my peripherals disconnected & became unusable.

MOBO: Asus Strix B450F
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU: RTX 3700Ti
RAM: 32GB 2666mhz 4x8GB
PSU: Corsair 750W

After quite allot off attempted troubleshooting I found by resting the CMOS & removing 2x Ram sticks I could get it to boot to the BIOS.

1)Power system on & boots.
2)Press F1 to run setup, change low CPU fan speed, Save & Exit.
3)Loses signal with all peripherals.
(Had to remove the cmos battery as this is the only way I can seem to boot up fully).

After repeating the same process a second time round, and rather than changing any BIOS settings I just exit the BIOS and the system will boot to windows and work just fine.

So I believed this to be a problem with my Ram as removing 2 of the 4 sticks would somehow get me to boot performing the previous steps. But after testing all 4 sticks in different formats in the channels 1-3, 2-4, 1-1-1-1 I can’t seem to find any issues with an independent stick and this issue still occurs anyway. Further more as soon as I change any settings in my BIOS the whole system just shuts of a posts taking me back to the original steps, making me believe it could be a more complex issue?.

Any help greatly appreciated as I have trying to fix this myself now for some time today, would this require further diagnostics.

letmepicyou

Honorable
Mar 5, 2019
This morning i went to boot up my computer, during the post process all my peripherals disconnected & became unusable.

MOBO: Asus Strix B450F
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU: RTX 3700Ti
RAM: 32GB 2666mhz 4x8GB
PSU: Corsair 750W

After quite allot off attempted troubleshooting I found by resting the CMOS & removing 2x Ram sticks I could get it to boot to the BIOS.

1)Power system on & boots.
2)Press F1 to run setup, change low CPU fan speed, Save & Exit.
3)Loses signal with all peripherals.
(Had to remove the cmos battery as this is the only way I can seem to boot up fully).

After repeating the same process a second time round, and rather than changing any BIOS settings I just exit the BIOS and the system will boot to windows and work just fine.

So I believed this to be a problem with my Ram as removing 2 of the 4 sticks would somehow get me to boot performing the previous steps. But after testing all 4 sticks in different formats in the channels 1-3, 2-4, 1-1-1-1 I can’t seem to find any issues with an independent stick and this issue still occurs anyway. Further more as soon as I change any settings in my BIOS the whole system just shuts of a posts taking me back to the original steps, making me believe it could be a more complex issue?.

Any help greatly appreciated as I have trying to fix this myself now for some time today, would this require further diagnostics.
You haven't experienced any power surges, lightning storms, ect recently have you? Brown outs? Flickers? How stable is power in your area?