Question Unknown cause for very high packet loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandapcbuilder

Commendable
Nov 4, 2017
I've been getting extremely bad packet loss in all games for a long time now, a consistent 30-50% loss, causing me to teleport around the place and randomly freeze. This has been going on for a long, long, time and the whole time I thought my mediocre ping was the reason, but until PUBG added a network stats thingy, I realized it was because of the packet loss. My ping for the most part stays under 100, usually around 50-70 but randomly spikes up to 90 and 100, and combined with the packet loss it becomes completely unplayable. I have a fairly cheap netgear router/modem combo, and a coax splitter from to wall splitting into a cable for tv and one for the router. My computer is pretty mid-range (i3-8100) so I don't think that's the issue. There are constantly 8 devices online, usually 4-5 active at a time. I have a 8100, gtx 1060, 8gb ram 2166mhz, asrock z370m-itx/ac, corsair 750 watt, running windows 10 1909, and ethernet directly to router. I honestly don't know what to do at this point, I've tried so many things. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.