Question Unknown crashing issue ?

Mar 8, 2022
So I'm having a pretty major issue. I was playing vr the other day and out of no where my PC shut down, I didn't notice any error codes or anything but I couldn't see for obvious reasons. I opened my side panel and checked temperatures by touch and my GPU backplate was pretty hot. I turned my PC back on and downloaded software to edit the fan curve of my GPU. it booted for a few minutes then crashed suddenly again giving me the windows shutting down screen. After that it wouldn't even read any of my drives so I started pulling parts. Essentially I've got it down to the CPU and a single stick of ram and it still crashes similarly with either stick. I'm thinking it could be the mobo but wanted to make sure before I commit to that if it's not going to fix my issue. I already tried testing the PSU with the paper clip trick and it seemed fine.

I5 6600k
Gigabyte z270p-d3
Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2133
EVGA BQ 650 W 80+ Bronze

popatim

Titan
You needed an excuse to upgrade your system, right? <grin>

Sometimes a PSU going out of spec can cause this as well. Do you have a kow good one you could test with? With just the bare minimum installed 300w would be more than enough.

Mar 8, 2022
You needed an excuse to upgrade your system, right? <grin>

Sometimes a PSU going out of spec can cause this as well. Do you have a kow good one you could test with? With just the bare minimum installed 300w would be more than enough.
Not with me unfortunately, is there another way to find out if it is the PSU?

TRENDING THREADS